Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Okay so if you haven't already, please read Chapter thirteen.For some reason it posted before my latest Author's Note, so I think some people weren't able to read it. And also I decided to keep chapter twelve instead of altering it; it was a good filler to get to this point.

Another unedited chapter. At this point I'll edit it all once the book is finished lol. 

Happy Reading,

Tana

-----------------

Eva and Palo hadn't spoken a word through the first half of their flight; Palo rarely felt anxious but the atmosphere Eva emitted was sweltering.

He knew she'd finally realized the gravity of his actions and his family's stature. Once you were a Govani, there was no escaping what that name carried. By him forcing the engagement, whether she wanted it or not, she was his. Hell, the moment she carried his seed, she was his.

It was what she'd wanted, right?

"So I had my personal jeweler piece together options for us," Palo said nervously, "I selected rings I thought would fit you, but of course you're free to pick whichever is your favorite."

Eva raised an eyebrow, but didn't release her gaze from watching the clouds outside her window. Her mind instead wandered; dreaming of what it felt to be a bird, wings flapping through that very sky free to travel as far and wide as she deemed. Breaking the barriers of gravity and no longer shackled to Earth's surface. She was suddenly jealous of birds; if she was able she'd be anywhere else but trapped.

Eva's silence only seemed to increase Palo's anxiety. He wasn't accustomed to her treating him indifferently. He wanted to see her smile at him again.

The type of smile that secretly made him weak.

Her eyes would sparkle as her full lips raised to form dimples in her cheeks, button nose scrunched, and she'd flash all of her teeth. Simply beautiful.

He wasn't nearly deserving of her genuineness. But, he promised himself, he'd earn it eventually.

Palo wouldn't wallow in his mistakes; he could only move forward atoning for them and hope one day he'd win his Tesoro back.

Palo snapped his finger and in a moment his stewardess appeared, a large metal box in her hand. Palo barely acknowledged her before grabbing it and dismissing the worker. He sat the box on a small round table in front of them.

Still, Eva didn't look in his direction.

Palo locked his jaw in irritation, he really wasn't good with communication. He rarely ever had to win anyone over or compromise. People did as he said and followed what he told them.

He loudly cleared his throat as he pried the box open to reveal its contents.

Eva's head snapped in his direction, a scowl on her face. Perhaps it wasn't a smile, but at least it was a reaction.

"There are various sizes and-" he began but was quickly cut off.

"That one." Eva said, pointing at the first ring she saw and then quickly turned away from him again.

Her attitude was starting to irritate him more than make him anxious.

"You didn't even look at them."

"Does it matter Palo? It's not like any of this is real. Just give me a damn ring and let's get on with this."

"It matters, this is real."

"It mAtters THIS is rEAL." Eva mocked whilst rolling her eyes.

"You're being childish."

"Weren't you just engaged?"