Chapter One

A/N: So updates will generally be on Sundays, no one is really reading this story though and I already have this prepared so hopefully the first chapter will pull you guys in. 

Happy Reading, 

Tana 

Chapter One

--------------------

For a long time Eva never understood just why Palo upset her so much. He never told her he wanted a relationship. So, why did his nonchalance towards their relationship seem to pierce her heart? 

She loved him.

That had to be the case.

As she glanced down at her phone reading her text messages she realized just how much she loved him.

2:45 p.m.

You're angry tesoro. Meet me at my house tonight.

6:51 p.m.

Still not responding? Be there by 8:00 Eva.

Eva groaned and swiped her hands across her face, she'd never ignored Palo before and her fingers were certainly itching to respond to him. But she was strong or at least she thought she was. And her heart was hurting.

Her heart was hurting so bad.

She wanted to be near him and to show him the love she felt deep down inside. But at what cost? To continuously love someone who couldn't love her in return? To be monogamous to a man that was anything but.

No she was so much better than that.

With that thought in mind she exited his messages and went to her contacts. She scrolled down the list of names until she found her best friends name.

The phone rang only once before she picked up,

"Evvvvvvva baaaby what's going on? I haven't heard from you all week. You must have been with that devil." Nessa sang over the phone. She sincerely did hate Palo and all of the pain he put her innocent friend through. Eva was probably the sweetest, kindest, and pure person she'd ever met. Palo was the complete opposite. He was a bully, a gangster, and just down right cold hearted. She couldn't understand how the man could not love a woman like Eva. But, it was probably better that way. Eva was naive to the world Palo lived in and all the things he did. And being considered Palo's woman would make her a target in many eyes.

"Let's go out tonight." Eva said immediately before she could allow her fear of just what Palo's reaction would be stop her. He liked Eva one of two places in her home or in his. Even so he reluctantly allowed her to work because it was one thing she absolutely refused to stop doing for Palo. She knew for sure though that a club was one place he would not like Eva to be.

"Who am I speaking to 'cause no way is Eva Greene asking me to go out tonight!"

Eva giggled at her friend's theatrics. Whilst Eva tended to be shy and reserved Nessa was loud and outgoing and cared little for what anyone's opinion was of her. Those qualities made Eva love her all the more. There was nothing more beautiful than a free spirit like hers. One not shackled by the thoughts of society and tortured by people's opinions. One that defied all social rules, yes there was nothing more beautiful than that.

"I'm celebrating freeing myself." Eva admitted as she uncurled herself from the fetal position she'd been in prior to the phone call. She couldn't lay in her bed like a lump potato if she was ever going to get over Palo.