Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Hey guysss , hope to get longer consistent chapters out for all of you soon. But here's a nice filler chapter ❤️

Also, I typed half of this on my phone due to laptop issues so no editing, sorry in advance. Please let me know if anything is confusing.

Happy reading,
Tana

-.-.-.-.-

Chapter 15

         There was a slight breeze seeping through the open balcony doors, an impending sunrise on the horizon caused various colors to flicker through the room purple , pink, and hints of yellow. They awoke Eva along with the small flutters of movement she could feel in her abdomen. She reached to skim her hands along her poking stomach but found an arm firmly wrapped around her.  She froze her movements, the slight daze of awakening quickly exiting her body.

  Eva could distinctly recall building a wall of pillows between herself and Palo to avoid this exact predicament. But based off of the wild state of the bed, pillows thrown every which way, Palo clearly broke the barrier sometime that night. It was comfortable being wrapped in his arms, his firm form pressed against her back and his warmth surrounding her, she almost wanted to burrow herself further into him and continue to sleep.

    As much as she wanted to enjoy that serene moment; a moment where Palo could not bare witness to her enjoyment in his presence, it was broken by their child's insistent kicking. Bambino rested heavily on her bladder, so with a sigh she removed Palo's arms, and eased from beneath him. She thought it would awake him but soft snores continued to leave his mouth and withing seconds he readjusted so he was holding a pillow as replacement.

   The peace on his handsome face as his mouth hung slightly open in the bliss of sleep brought about unwanted feelings inside of her.  How could she learn to hate this man?

  She could get angry with him, but hate him? Never.

  Perhaps she was toxic in that way. Although she wanted to give him a hard time, maybe even force him to show the affection and love she'd always craved from others, a part of her deep down knew he cared in his own twisted way.

  Her mind briefly wondered what life for this man had been before she met him. Meeting his family might show her just what type of upbringing he had. What caused him to be so guarded?

    Eva chuckled at her redundant thoughts, he grew up in a fucking mafia of course he struggled with showing emotion. 

   Well, if he wanted to marry her and genuinely form a relationship with her he'd have to unlearn every generational negative he'd digested.

   Her eye narrowed as she continued to stare at him, her own emotions giving her whiplash, her small hands clenched into fist. Her child would grow up with love, consideration, and kindness. She'd be damned if she allowed it to be any other way.

   Almost as though Bambino could read her thoughts, she received a sharp kick that had her all but sprint to the restroom to release her bladder.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

   Eva utilized her morning preparing for an exploration of Rome. She would hold Palo to his promise by any means. She brewed herself decaf coffee and constructed two  beautiful omelettes. By the time she was done Palo stumbled into the kitchen, apparently half sleep as he rubbed at his eyes and yawned.

  "You're up early," He noted, rubbing his large hands in circular motions against his stomach at the smell of food. 

  "I am," She agreed. She was already dressed in a long white maxi dress that hugged her frame. There was no hiding their child anymore, he stuck out proudly. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail that flowed down her back. Her features appeared more prominent in this particular hairstyle, it allowed for her small jawline and heart shaped face to show through clearly.