New News

Marinette Dupain-Cheng had always known that Tom Dupain was not her real father, but that never stopped her from loving him like he was. It definitely didn't stop her from taking his name as well. She didn't know who her real father was and she was too afraid to ask her mother.

All she had known was that her mother was pregnant when she had met Tom and he had loved her enough to take care of her and her daughter.

Marinette never questioned anything. Sure, maybe, a thought every now and then would pass her mind but she dispersed the thought.

And then Ms. Mendeleiev and Ms. Bustier gave them an assignment. Find out more about your family and past and write an essay about it. Marinette thought it was great. She was going to ask her papa and maman , but then she said the school was going to let them get a DNA test to get more information.

Though her mind didn't process that she would find out who her dad really is if she did this. It wasn't until Alya came to school the next week with her DNA test results and it said her mother and father's names.

She waited anxiously for school to end so she could get her results. She did find it weird when her parents weren't in the bakery but she didn't think twice about it before running up the stairs to the apartment.

What she didn't expect to see was her mother and father leaning over a paper, tears in her mother's eyes.

"Marinette? Did you do this?" Sabine asked, the shock clear in voice. "I did. But I swear I didn't do it because I wanted to. I would've asked you but it was for a school project and they made us do it. And I didn't even think about the results until yesterday when Alya came in and said both her parents' names-" she got interrupted by her mother's finger pressed against her lips.

"Tom, can I talk to Marinette alone please?" Sabine turned to her husband. Tom nodded his head and kissed both their heads before heading back downstairs to the bakery.

"Marinette," Sabine said, leading her to the couch once the front door shut. "I want you to ask me anything that you want to know about your real father before you see those results."

Marinette froze. She didn't actually think of any questions to ask her mom about her biological father and this was the first time she had ever thought about asking her mom questions.

"I, uh, I guess, what was he like?" Marinette asked, fiddling with her fingers.

"Your father was kind. He gave a stand-offish vibe but he was nice and respectful and a really beautiful person."

"What did he look like? Do I look like him?"

"You have his eyes and you kind of have his hair," Sabine said. "Kind of?"

"The rest is all me," her mom joked. "Do you have a picture of him?" Marinette asked.

Sabine stood up and walked over to her room, leaving Marinette alone. Silence never sounded so loud.

When her mom came back out, she was holding a small film. She handed it to Marinette.

Marinette didn't know what she expected but it was certainly not this. Her eyes widened in surprise and her jaw dropped to the floor. Oh, mon dieu, she thought.

"What was his name?"

"Bruce. Bruce Wayne," Sabine said.

Marinette took the paper that held the DNA result, on the side of her and quickly started to read.

Paternal/Biological : Bruce Wayne

Marinette knew one thing. Actually two now. Bruce Wayne is her father and she now knew she was the daughter of one of the richest guys on Earth..