C'est un Plaisir de Vous Revoir

"Maman! Papa said-" she cut herself off. "Hey, Pixie Pop," Jason said. Marinette ran back upstairs. "Bruce. I- Hi," Sabine said. "Sabine, it's a, um, pleasure to see you," he said, picking his words out wisely.

"Bonjour Sab-" Adrien stopped talking when he noticed the small group. "What's up, Adrien," Jason said, side-hugging him. "Jason, Mr. Wayne," Adrien said, giving his girlfriend's father a handshake.

"Adrien, please go upstairs and turn the sign," Sabine said. "Of course," Adrien said. "I'm just gonna follow him," Jason replied.

____________________

"I didn't think you guys would be here so soon," Adrien said. "You knew we were coming?" Jason asked.

"Marinette is my girlfriend. She showed me the note the moment she opened it," Adrien replied.

"Oh, I forgot B wrote that," Jason said. Adrien opened the door to the apartment on the top floor.

"I won't lie. I'm surprised you came with Bruce. You two don't seem to have the best relationship," Adrien said.

"We don't really see eye to eye. Don't even live with each other," Jason scratched his neck.

Jason felt shocked when he entered the apartment. It wasn't bad at all. The place just surprised him.

The small apartment had felt homely. The pillows were set on the couch nicely, and yet not in place either. The entrance was slightly crowded, but it was not bad. It was then that he noticed that a man was on the stairs, his head in the attic and the rest of his body on the stairs.

His voice muffled due to his head being out of the room. "Tom," Adrien said, knocking Jason out of his observations. The big man came out of the trap door. "You have, um, guests here," Adrien replied.

Marinette followed after Tom, wiping whatever remaining tears were under her eyes. "Nice to meet you," Tom said.

"Enchante," Jason replied. "You speak French?" Tom asked. "It was one of my many classes growing up," Jason replied.

"Papa, this is Jason, my brother. Jason, this is Tom, my dad," Marinette replied.

They stood there awkwardly. Adrien couldn't even think of a pun to break the ice. "Do you play Ultimate Mecha Strike?" Tom asked. "Who doesn't? I haven't been living under a rock," Jason smiled. Well, technically he was dead for a few months but whatever.

"Let's play," Tom said.

____________________

"Sabine, you hid her for sixteen years!" Bruce exclaimed.

"I did what I had to do!"

"By hiding my ONLY daughter from me?"

"Bruce, I wasn't going to let my child be raised in that city, in that environment," Sabine said.

"I could've protected her!"

"Bruce, you were complaining about the paparazzi following us on dates! Shit, we barely had time for dates! You were always so busy!" Sabine yelled.

Suddenly Sabine felt like she was nineteen again. She and Bruce were fighting because he canceled again, and that damn Vicki Vale started posting about her again. In that damn mansion, she didn't even care that Alfred was watching.

"Was that an excuse? She is my child! You have had every opportunity to tell me," Bruce said.

"You seriously don't think I tried? Every bad thing that could happen to me did! I called your office and got hung up. I wrote letters to your house and business but never got anything back," Sabine said.