Panic Is All I Know

The next to chapters are written by someone else and I just changed the words up a little

______________________________

Two hours couldn't go by faster for Marinette as she waited for Alya to have her turn looking at the weirdly shaped lava lamp or whatever it was.

Alya was the last person to see it before they decided to move to the next room. The next room, unlike the other room, was bigger and had more machines on the sides. There were two stanchions blocking them from getting to the machines. Security guards stayed by the ropes, while the scientist continued to do whatever was tasked to them.

Marinette and the rest of class gasped in surprise at how big the room was. Marinette and Alya walked in front of them, the small group stayed a few steps behind them. "Theoretically..."

"Alya, if you make one joke about my father or something I will pulverize you."

Alya held up her hands in surrender. "I was just going to ask if you'd be the one to inherit it, being the older biological child, and all." She paused, looking over at Marinette's shoulder and freezing suddenly. Alya shook her hands frantically, but Marinette was still looking at the building.

"I'm not going to inherit anything. He's not my dad, Alya. I mean, sure, he fathered me, but it's not... it's not like... it's complicated."

Marinette and Adrien had discussed this the other night. If Bruce did find out about her, he might fight for custody of her, or at least insist that she spend time with him in America, and Marinette couldn't risk it. Things would get complicated if Marinette had to keep going back to Paris because of an akuma attack and make it back to Gotham without everyone noticing. At least for this school trip, they could claim to be making out in a closet or something whenever they disappeared, but Marinette suspected that she'd be under close watch twenty-four-seven if the truth was revealed.

"And here I thought I would get a new baby sister," Dick Grayson said, appearing out of the shadows. Marinette jumped back in surprise at the voice.

"I see it now that I know the truth. The black hair, the blue eyes, inconspicuous by itself but B stays consistent," Dick said.

"I-um-it's- uh," Marinette tried to get out words. "Sounding a little worried there, sis," Dick said.

Marinette kept mumbling before Alya put her hand over her mouth. "Can you not break my best friend? I would like to keep her, thank you," Alya said. "Breathe," Alya whispered into her ear.

Marinette took a deep breath before asking, "Did you tell him?"

"No. Me and some of the other brothers decided it would be better if you tell him," Dick said.

"Oh, merci-"

"However-"

"Oh no."

"We're only giving you a week to tell him before we take matters into our own hands," Dick said, folding his arms.

Marinette let out a groan to show her obvious dislike of this predicament.

"Think about it kid. What's the worst thing that could happen?" Dick asked before leaving.

A lot. You guys could find out about my identity.You guys could reject me. The press finds out and flips my world upside down. You guys ground me. You find the miracle box and take it without me knowing and Master Su-han finds out and I have to lose my memories. You guys realize what's happening in Paris, and then go and get akumati-, Marinette shook her head at those thoughts.