Chapter 6: Final Destination

Rustling bushes can be heard. "What was that?" Zander asks as he quickly sits up straight. Luke wakes up and says, "Probably wind.". "It can't be the wind," Zander says. "Fine then, it's a squirrel. Just go to sleep Zander.". "Okay fine," he says, grumbling. He lies back down and starts to.

Jake's chocolate eyes widened, as he gazes at the girl who was sitting on the branch of a tree. Her teal, luminescent hair that was sparkling underneath the stars. Jake walked a closer to her, and his eyes are filled with astonishment. He stopped and shook his head to get a hold of himself. "What're you doing here late at night, princess?" Jake asks her as he tries to climb the tree. "Oh, hey Jake," Hailey replies, "Just couldn't sleep. How about you?". "Same here, so I decided to take a walk." He sits down on the branch, next to Hailey, and they marvel upon the beautiful moon and stars that surround. It was a beautiful moment of silence.

"Remember competition day?" Jake asks her. "Yeah, we won," Hailey replies. Jake remembers it as well, he went through the memory when he confessed to Daisy. "I'm sorry Jake, I only see us as friends," Daisy says. Heartbroken, he tried to keep himself strong, "Oh ok, n- no problem," he said, trying to be optimistic about it. As soon as Daisy left, he broke into tears. He couldn't stop himself from crying and fell to his knees, he thought he was ready for the worse, but for his heart, it was too much. He wanted to scream, but he needed to be quiet about it. Hailey comes around the corner and sees Jake crying. "Jake, what's wrong?" She asks him. "N- nothing," he says, wiping his tears, he knew that it was embarrassing to be seen that way. "You have to tell me, Jake," Hailey says, "We're family, remember?" Jake realized he won't get out of this situation unless says something, so he told her. Tears, cries, and sorrow filled the room. Hailey felt sorry for Jake, she tried to make him feel better in any way she could think of. After few tries of doing so, Jake calmed down and took deep breaths. He looks at Hailey and gives her a hug. Hailey paused for a moment and hugged him back. She hoped that he wouldn't feel her heartbeat going rapid.

After all these moments, they spent multiple years together as a club. They went to multiple places like the beach, the park. Times like when Sean said goodbye to the club, when they lost a competition, and when they all won their last competition. Years of memory forever cherished, and Hailey only grew to like him more. Even after a few years apart, she never got over him. She couldn't stop herself. "Jake..." Hailey says, nervously. "I- I-", she stutters. She can't seem to get her words across. "I lik-"

"I already know what you're going to say."

Hailey looked at Jake, speechless, and they looked at each other for a while. Silence filled the air, nothing stopped this moment.

"And I'm no longer holding back."

He leans over to her and presses his lips against hers. Hailey was shocked, she was about to gasp, but her body stopped her. As she realizes what is happening, she closes her eyes and kisses him back. It was a moment they will forever cherish.

In the distance, Zander was witnessing this whole moment. "Be happy with him, Hailey" he says under his voice, "And Jake, take good care of her." He then leaves and goes back to his tent.

The next day, Jake wakes up and sees everyone cleaning up their stuff. Sean calls to him, "Morning, Jake." "Morning, Sean," he says back. "Can you help me bring down the tent?", Sean asks as he pulls the beam of the tent off the ground. Jake agrees and helps him out. Hailey comes by and goes over to Jake, "Morning, Jake." "Morning, princess," Jake replies, "How was your sleep last night?". "Amazing," Hailey answers. The two talked for awhile, and they looked closer than ever. Everyone noticed this, "Hey Jake," Milly says, "Did we miss something?" Hailey stutters to answer this question. Jake rubs her shoulder, saying, "Shhhh! Don't ruin the surprise." He then winks at Hailey. "Oh. My. Gosh. YOU'RE TOGETHER!?" Milly yells. Instead of answering, Jake and Hailey just looked at each other for a while and smiled. Everyone understood what was happening, it was undeniable. They all asked how they got together. "Hey, how about we head over to my place and I'll explain there?" Jake suggests. "Yeah, sure," Sean agrees. "C'mon then, let's go," Milly says eagerly.

When they got to Jake's place, everyone sat down on the round couch except for Jake, who was grabbing glasses and a bottle of sparkling juice. He passes the glasses and fills them up with the juice. He sits down next to Hailey and starts explaining for a while. Everyone was astonished and started teasing the couple. "Okay, okay," Jake announces as he stands up, "I would like to raise a glass. To this life, this club, and to this family. Cheers!" They all toasted and started drinking.Around the corner of the room, Drew was leaning against the wall, listening to the whole convo. "Hm, Jake caught himself a good one." He thinks to himself. He was behind this whole reunion. "Hey Jake, you got next week free," Drew says to Jake. "Seriously? Thanks man," Jake replies. "Hey, can I have an appointment with Krista?" Drew says on the phone. Each member of the club, he was able to free up, and all it took was a few thousand bucks, which he could easily regain. "Think of it as a thanks," Drew says in his mind, "Thanks for helping me find myself, thanks for being my friend." Jake was always there for Drew when he needed him, when he had troubles with family, when he broke up with Zoey, he never left his side. "Thanks, homie," he thinks to himself again, "Even if I didn't want to do this, it was a favor from a friend." His phone started ringing, so he picked it up. "Mhm. Yeah. They're together," Drew says. "Oh that's great! Thanks a lot, Drew," the caller says. "No problem,...

Daisy."