[six]

God must really have some sort of grudge against me. The sun was supposed to shine the brightest today, because after 5 weeks and a half, I'm finally getting discharged from this dump.

But, no. What's happening instead is that it's been raining cats and dogs since early hours of day and we can't start for home as planned. Cause guess what?

We don't have an umbrella with us, and Jeonghan being the "my life my rules" guy has parked our car far far away from the hospital and not inside the luxurious parking lot where he should've, so we have no choice but to wait in the lobby filled with awkward silence, praying hopelessly for the nonstop rain to come on a halt.

This is making the mood worse than it already is, contributing to the fact that Jeonghan has been sitting beside me for over an hour, with this look in his face like my hundred years old pet turtle just died and he can't seem to bring himself up to tell me the news.

Things weren't this bad when our pet turtle actually died when we were kids, after getting fed by us loving siblings a little too much. We didn't come out of our rooms for weeks. I don't remember if we buried it, but I remember us crying alot and being quiet for a really really long time. Just like now.

"We're gonna go grab a sandwich. You guys wants some?" Says Seungkwan, swinging Vernon's arm back and forth, as they proceed to take another walk around the soporific building.

Yes, Jeonghan didn't come alone. He brought the maknae line along with him, as though they aren't trying to avoid me intentionally. Bravo brother.

"I'm good, hyung." Dino answers, engrossed in his little gaming world behind the screen of his iPad. Kid's been playing since the very moment he walked in. Didn't even say hi to me. What's up with him and this game called genshin impact?

"I'll pass too." Jeonghan gives them a weak smile, and the couple then glimpse at me waveringly.

"I-I'll . . . it'll be really nice if you can bring some for me."

I mean, I'm starving. So, why not?

"O-oh, okay okay," The younger one says with a nervous chuckle. "We'll get it for you. Roasted beef with extra cheese right?"

I nod. "Will do perfectly."

They gape at us siblings, then at Dino and again to each other. "Channie," Seungkwan calls. "Why don't you come with us?"

You're a life saver, Boo.

"Can't, I'm in a tough spot now."

"Just come, Dino. Don't drag it." Vernon adds in his low, raspy voice. It catches me off guard, I haven't heard him being this serious in forever. Not gonna lie, serious chwe is kind of intimidating.

Dino looks up to them immediately and shuts his device. "C-coming, hyung." He stands up with great haste and tags behind them, while they lead the way to the cafeteria.

The air between us turns ten times more thicker after they vanish from our sights. He fiddles in his seat, shuffling back and forth every once a while as he covers his mouth and pushes his hair back. The sound of his converse shoes tapping against the floor sustains in the stillness of the lobby, followed by our seires of heavy breathing.

"Listen," I begin cautiously. "You have reasons to be mad at me, and they're valid. I did crappy things, kept secrets and lied about the truth, but they were never intended to hurt you, or anyone. I swear."

His forehead creases as he sighs and turns his head side to side. "You're wrong. I'm not . . . I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed." Says he.

Something hefty hurls itself onto my chest, my pulse begins to thorb with colossal bitterness through my whole body.