(Hayami Rinka) Catastrophe

Warnings: Possessive behavior, and jealousy. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The sun is slowly starting to hide behind the mountains far away, leaving the street Rinka is walking through being basked by its golden sunlight of the dawn. With the usual beauty of the sky and her surroundings was not being focused on by her as she kept her gaze focused along the way she's currently trailing in for if she didn't, she could have probably not notice something that she could easily put her guard down whenever she's around it.

"A stray cat? But it has a collar..." Rinka softly muttered to herself, kneeling down on the concrete walkway as the cat immediately rubs itself on her leg.

Seeing the feline being immediately affectionate towards a stranger such as herself, she couldn't help, but to let a small smile tug her lips as she gently scratches the cat's head while asking, even though she already knows that it would not answer her. "Are you lost, cute kitty? I still have some time to spare... Do you want me to help you find your owner? They must be pretty worried about you."

The cat just purred in response that was followed by a small meow before it continues to rub itself on her leg with its eyes closed. Rinka slowly and gently starts to carry the cat before she cradles it in her arms.

Informing the cat that she'll help in finding its owner, Rinka, with her new companion, proceeds to walk along the path again as Rinka hoped that she would be able to find the cat's owner before it gets too dark, but it would also be fine if the search will be continued on tomorrow since spending some time with the feline doesn't seem a bad idea to her. Before she could further contemplate on that idea, her thoughts were cut off when she heard someone calling out a name in the barren street she was in. Glancing to whoever it could be, she could see a person around her age looking behind a trash can and even inside it before a disappointed look is present on the person's features.

Noticing that the person was still busy with searching something and with her finding a lost cat, it didn't take for a minute for her to put two and two together as she turns her attention to her cradled cat to see it intently gazing towards the person as she silently asked. "Is that your owner? Well then, it's time for you to go."

She starts to make her way towards you without you knowing as you're still immersed with searching for your cat behind some bushes, hoping to finally see (cat's name), but your search stopped when someone softly speak beside you. "Excuse me? Is this your cat?"

Your eyes widen in surprise before a small grin of relief and happiness could be shown on your face.

"(Cat's name)! Don't you suddenly run off like that again! You really had me worried!" You exclaimed while Rinka gave you your cat, who immediately cuddled up in your embrace as if it was saying sorry as you proceed to give a sheepish smile towards the person who managed to find (cat's name) before you.

"I'm so sorry for bothering you and thank you so much for taking care of my cat, even for a short while. How impolite of me to not introduce myself first. I'm Y/N L/N and would you like me to provide you any help of some sorts? Or could I give you anything as a gift or a reward for your help?" You immediately introduced yourself with enough energy and giddiness as to not get the stranger uncomfortable since she seemed to be quite a mixture of shy and a serious person.

It was proven with how gentle she responded along with her expression being kept in a neutral manner. "It's fine... I'm just on my way home and it's already getting late, so... I probably need to go now."