prodologue

How did it all happen?

When did it all happen?

Why did it all happen?

Those three questions never left my mind as I sat there. The eerie silence unbearable and piercing. I hated this. We stared into each other's eyes with intensity that would scare anyone off. He was the first to break eye contact, closing his eyes and leaning back.

"Listen up Miya. We're nothing. Just two individuals involved in a contract to benefit out kingdoms. We have no other associations with each other understood?"

He deadpanned, opening his eyes and looking back at me.

My eye twitched, fingers clenching as the silky fabric on the couch bundled up in my fist.

"Yea. I got it."

I spat back out.

Saying I hated him was an understatement. The man was the definition of a snotty prince who was only valuable due to his title as the king's son. The type of people I hated the most. Stuck up spoiled brats who think they can boss just about anyone around. Self centred bastards who could only think of themselves, willing to trample over the weaker just to get ahead.

Sakusa Kiyoomi, prince from the Itachiyama Kingdom, was the exact portrayal of the person who promised never to be. The person I swore to destroy. And yet. I was being force to marry him. It wasn't fair to me but what could I do? I had no say in the matter and I knew that it would benefit my people greatly.