Chapter 8

Atsumu's POV

"I hate ya, ya know that Sakusa." I spat, my gaze still directly to the scenary outside the moving carriage. Kaho had sent us on a "bonding trip", as she called it, to the garden in the nearby village. She wanted him to show me around the place and get us to bond with each other since we were going to be living together for an extended period of time. "How is that any of my problem, Miya." He deadpanned. My head snapped towards him. It was the first time i had ever seen anyone had ever been so nonchalant when someone said they hated them and frankly, i was in shock. "Do you not care? At all?" My head scrambled to understand the situation to no avail, it was like there was a missing puzzle piece that i couldnt find and it was driving me crazy. "Should I?" He replied, finally turning to face me. He had an eyebrow raised, the rest of his annoyingly perfect face remaining neutral.

I didnt know what to reply him with. Yes? No? Maybe? I didnt know. I never had to know how to respond to that until now. Would it be entitled of me to demand an explaination as to why he didnt care?

"You should." I finally replied, staring him dead in the eye, hoping he couldnt hear my heart pounding with anxiety. I was never good with confrontation and this sure felt like one. "Well in that case, would you like me to pretend i care so you can go on and on about all the reasons you hate me and how i can make it up to you, Miya?" As serious as his tone sounded, i just knew he was taunting me, trying to evoke a reaction out of me for his own entertainment. He was mocking me. And it only fueled my hatred towards him. As much as i wanted to tell him off, i didnt. I couldnt. It was exactly what he wanted and i couldnt give him that satisfaction. Thus, i simply turned back to the window, letting the tension in the carriage build.

As i continued to stare out into space, aimlessly counting the trees we passed, i couldnt help but feel his gaze on me, as if he never stopped staring at me. And i was conflicted. Did i enjoy it? Or did i hate it? I couldnt tell. God, Kiyoomi, what are you doing to me.