{15}

Y/N's POV
I woke up feeling unusually sore. Was last night a dream, or did I really get abducted and then rescued? Surely it was a dream...right?

As my eyes adjusted, I noticed that I'm not in the beach house, rather I'm in a cave that feels oddly familiar, almost as though...wait a minute. I have been here before.

So last night wasn't a dream.

Just then I am snapped out of my thoughts. "I see you're awake?" Jasper was just coming carrying something wrapped in cloth.

As she handed me the cloth, I could tell there was something in her eyes but I couldn't tell what?

I unwrap the cloth to find an assortment of berries and nuts. I looked to Jasper in bemusement."

"I've been told this is what humans use to fuel their bodies." Jasper spoke as though she were quoting something she heard in a lecture.

"What ever happened to you never wanting to see me again?"

"Don't you tease me." Jasper's voice rose. (pun not intended)

"Sorry" I retorted sarcastically.

There was a few minutes of awkward silence between us...until Jasper spoke up

"Hey...I'm sorry...about last night. You never should've been involved in this whole thing."

So, that's what this all this. Her trying to make it up for last night. I want to be mad at her for what happened. I want to hold on to the grudge for her knocking me out and aiding in my abduction. However, on the other hand, she did still rescue me. She did still risk her own standing, which judging by what I overheard was rather high. I don't know how to feel about this. But I do know one thing.

"Thank you...for saving me."

Jasper and I then just sat in silence watching the sun rise

"Did you mean it?" Jasper broke the silence

"Did I mean what?"

"A few days ago, when you said I was the first to show you kindness in years. Did you actually mean it, or were you trying to soften me up?"

A few tears streaked down my face. "It's true."

I then went on to tell Jasper the general details about my family, my so-called friends, and of course my accidental coming out.

"Honestly, I don't know why I thought my mom wouldn't go looking for me. But it's only a matter of time, before I'm hauled back home and shipped out to be 'fixed' as she'd put it."

"That sounds awful, like a Pearl being sent for maintenance when there's clearly nothing wrong with her."

"I'm still not entirely caught up with gem culture, but sure. What's your story?"

Jasper paused for a moment, as though she's seen a ghost, then recomposes herself "Not today, Y/N."

It took me a moment to realize what happened then...

"Jasper...that's the first time you've used my name."

"Yeah, what of it?

I pondered for a moment, whether or notice should tell her why it's so important... "Nothing."