{7}

Y/N's POV

I was at the dinner table with my mom and dad. I could feel their judging eyes weighing down on me as they watched me eat my dinner of mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables. Their dinner plates also included that but they were also enjoying chicken that dad had fried. Their dinners were almost drowning in gravy. The silent tension at the table could've been cut with one of dad's steak knives. I recounted all the things in my head that I definitely shouldn't bring up. The F on my math exam, my anxiety, me straying from the church, my 3 detentions this week, and worst of all my sexuality. They already hate me for being a vegetarian, imagine if they found out I liked girls. Suddenly my thinking was broken by my mom talking to me "Did you get your math exam back?" I lied and said they're still grading it. Then my dad interjected "Y/N, you're 16 and it's about time you started a guy so that as soon as you graduate you can get married and start making kids. I roll my eyes "That's so 1950s, dad. I want to go to college and have a career." But my dad blew it off as "poppycock" (seriously who says that nowadays) and he continued "I've already set up a blind date with the son of one of my colleges. He's a very handsome..." "I don't want to date boys" I cut him off "I'm attracted to girls." My parents look at me in shock, disgust and disbelief. Suddenly their eyes and mouth turn black as I hear their distorted voices "Why couldn't you just keep your mouth shut, now your life is ruined." The dining room around me fades into blackness as I hear the sound of a bus crashing, and I see a small silhouette of a figure with 2 arms, 4 legs, a bowl cut, and wings. It sounds like it's laughing. I wake up in a cold sweat with a terrible headache. Through my half-awake visión see two figures looking over me. As I wake up, I recognize the two figures as Steven and Jasper? "What happened?" I utter. "Don't you remember?" Steven asks "We were on our way back to the temple when you were struck on the head." That's when I remember what happened.

EARLIER

Steven and I were leaving the woods, Steven was noticeably upset about what just happened. I ask him if he's okay, and he brushes me off "I'm fine." He's not fine, it looked pretty obvious that he wasn't fine. I could see a bright pink blush forming on his cheeks and nose. Then I heard a small yet ominous laughter, followed by seeing a small red and blue patch skinned creature. This one with two gems: One replacing their left eye, and the other acting as a tear drop. "Bluebird, I am really not in the mood today" Steven frowned. This only made Bluebird giggle "Why not? Is the Great Steven Universe still trying to sweet talk Jasper?" Bluebird teased Steven "Why can't you just accept the fact that the gempire was perfect and was never in any need of dismantling or changing. You're nearly as pathetic as Rose, or should I say Pink Diamond." This really struck a nerve with him because the last thing I saw was the pink hue over taking his body as a burst of energy shot from him. I felt a sharp pain in my left eye and then the impact of my head hitting then ground.