Unanswered questions

It was now Sunday and none of the boys had spoken to Derick after the day when he secretly left for Limbo without them which was during a school day.

They knew they had to stop him from going back alone, especially if he was going to do secret dealing to get extra money.

Kendall, Sam and Levy were sitting in Sam's bedroom, trying to come up with a plan to stop Derick. "What the hell are we gonna do?" Kendall asked, clearly exasperated.

"We all know he's going to take it too far!" He was breathing rather heavily at this point, and it was obvious he was angry about Derick and him going behind their backs, as well as not telling them why.

He'd double-crossed them!

How could they not be mad?!

Sam, after being quiet for a while as he was lost within the thoughts in his mind, decides to speak up. "If I'm honest, I really wanna know what he was doing there and why he didn't wanna tell us. I mean, he didn't have any magazines on him- so.. It- it can't have been him selling them..." He gingerly explains.

His explanation left the boys in shock as they hadn't noticed that before.

They looked at Sam. Was this the same guy?

He was hunched from where he sat, his eyebrows furrowed and both hands on his chin, supporting it. He merely continued to stare at the floor.

He didn't notice the way the others stared at him.

Not long after the boy, Levi pipes up, both hands clenched in bare excitement at the newfound knowledge he had just gained.

His eyes literally shone.

"Sam, you're a genius! You are a freaking genius!" His voice matched with excitement as his fingers ran through his smooth locks.

His smile brightens, leaving the others staring at him, their faces showing that they aren't surprised by such enthusiasm.

No one would honestly be upbeat in this situation, not once would anyone be kinda excited about this, but this was Levy we're talking about.

Kendall merely blinks at the boy before turning to face Sam.

"So that's one option out of the window. But we still don't have any ideas on what he was actually trying to do." Kendall responded, almost instantly ruining the triumphant mood.

He couldn't help it though, they didn't have a single clue.

Why would he leave during school hours anyway?

Sam had pointed out that he didn't have any magazines, but why not?

"So, what washe doing then?" Sam asked, puzzled.

Without any guidance, they were pretty much stuck back to square one again.

Why was this so confusing!?

What was Derick planning?

Had he intended to betray them in the first place?

The group could feel anxiety start to drown out within the room, but they could not help it, this was far too serious to even bat an eye on. Some had already started fidgeting within their seats.

Kendall groans, he moves his hand around as he responds, his voice pitching up with a tint of agitation. "That's the thing! We don't know! And we will have no idea until we ask-" The red-haired boy was cut off as Sam interrupted him.