The Mission

Kendall, Sam, Derick and Levy were sitting down on the bus to school , the day after the argument between the four. Derick was sitting nearby but not next to any of them as the three mumbled amongst themselves. "So, what's the plan?" the red-haired boy asked. Kendall explained the plan- exactly how he had explained to Sam the night before, then, showed Levy the picture that he'd drawn. "Wow, that really looks like him! I never knew you were such an artist Kendall!" The boy smirked, "We learn something new everyday..." He looked at Sam and the smug expression was wiped off his face as he realised his friend was looking at Derick. Derick was seated a couple seats away, earphones in his ears and looking out of the window with a frown on his face that could barely be seen. "You two need to sort this out, you know that right?" Sam nodded in response to Kendall, "But we're on a bus! I'm not gonna do it now! Wait until we get to school- I'll talk to him then." he replied, failing to whisper. "It'll take a lot to convince Derick to comeback and work with us though," Levy warned and the other two boys agreed. Kendall tried to make two of his friends have a more positive outlook, "But, we'll manage. We all know he really wants to do this. And he certainly can't ignore us forever!" Sam nodded and Levy hummed in agreement.

Once they arrived at the school gates, they followed Derick into the building, walking closely behind him but drew no attention to themselves. Kendall started to push and shove his black-haired friend, "You need to go and talk to him, Sam. Just apologise already!" he whispered sharply. He received an eye roll but that didn't stop him from forcefully pushing Sam to him and making Derick turn around in pain and confusion. "Sorry, I was pushed," he apologised scratching the back of his neck. Derick huffed before turning around and walking to class. "Wait!" Sam yelled and grabbed his shoulder. "What do you want?" the other boy spat, his voice laced with annoyance and anger. Derick did not want to see any of the three boys right now. "It's about 'Mission Limbo'" he whispered, "Kendall's got a plan which we all think will work. We just need you to be a part of it." The boy looked at Sam, "Okay then..." he replied, raising an eyebrow. "You've got to convince me to be a part of 'Mission Limbo'. Don't think I'll make it so easy for you to get me back on board with this." He walked away, not letting his friend say anything else and smiled to himself as he made his way to his lesson.

Kendall and Levy, on the other hand, were not so impressed and began to scold Sam once he came back to them. "So, um, guys..." Sam started. The two boys looked at each other before looking at Sam- already knowing what he was going to say. "We have some convincing to do!" Kendall added, "We don't have much time to do it!" "If we don't convince him by the end of the school day, 'Mission Limbo' is not gonna happen. And you know what that means- waste of time, grounded for nothing, and empty pockets! There's no way I'm gonna let that happen so we're gonna convince him. But we need a plan..." Levy said.

In class, they began passing notes, secretly trying to devise a scheme to get Derick back into 'Mission Limbo' in a couple hours. Kendall started it off, "We've got to tell him to meet us at lunch, I'll explain my brilliant idea and show him the picture of the guy." He quickly folded the paper under his desk and passed it onto Levy to read as the teacher was writing something on the board. The red-haired boy opened the paper and read it. He sighed and started to write something underneath his friend's note when the teacher had turned away. "Where are we gonna meet him though? Also, we're going to have to hunt him down if we want to share our plans with him." Levy passed the paper back to Kendall and tapped his foot repeatedly.

Sam, who was still waiting for the note to reach him, kept looking back every minute to see what was going on, but he didn't want to look suspicious. Unluckily for him, he caught Derick's attention. Once they had eye contact, the boy with black hair gulped in terror and turned away, leaving the other boy bewildered and wondering what was wrong with him. Behind Sam, Kendall was receiving the piece of paper again and reading it. He tapped Levy's foot before nodding and giving him a thumbs up, indicating he had a plan in mind. The boy then lightly kicked the back of Sam's foot, and gave him the note.