Mags For Sell

"Derick, dear! I need you for a minute!"

Derick let out a groan, rolling his eyes irritably as he pushed away from his desk to head downstairs. He had previously been tallying the magazines that were distributed and needed selling, as well as the cost for when the money was brought together. If they got more than twenty-five out by Friday morning, that's an easy $125 brought together at the least! But that'd probably be a bit slow if Sam and Levy took their sweet, damn time -

"Derick!"

"I'm coming, God damnit!" The child screeches, slamming his bedroom door shut behind him before descending down the stairway. As he reaches the last couple of steps, he jumps off the stairway, landing on his feet before heading into the kitchen, finding his mother at the sink doing the dishes. "You need something, mom?" He asks in a much more calm, sweet tone that was completely the opposite of the tone h ed had used just moments prior.

His mother turned away from the sink, smiling as she looked to her son. Heidi's brown hair had grown longer over the years, so it was pulled into a low bun, a few strands of hair straying from the hair tie. She hums in response, drying her hands off with a baby blue wash towel.

"Yes, Derick. I need you to ask your father how long he's going to be until he can lend me a hand with the potatoes."

"Why can't you ask him yourself?" Derick asks, furrowing a brow as he looked up at his mother. She rose a brow at him, leaning most of her weight onto her right leg as she put her hand to her hip. He sighs, raising his hands up in defense. "Alright, alright; I'm goin'," he says, before walking off in the direction of his father's office. As he pressed closer, reaching his father's office, he could hear his father typing away on his keyboard before actually seeing him.

"Hey, dad?" Derick asks, opening the door to reveal his father's office. It was an office room with soft, cream yellow walls, the window frames and door being a light strawberry color with the flooring having a birch colour to the floorboards. In all honesty, the office reminded him of strawberry shortcake, and would always get hungry whenever stepping into his office just by the delicious colours.

Eric looked up from his laptop, raising a brow as he looked over to his son. Eric was still weighty, but not as bad as he had been in his youth, and was somewhat exercising. "Yes, Derick?"

"Mom's wanting ta know if ya almost done," Derick says, his voice catching weirdly on a few words to make them sound a bit slurred. "She needs help with the potatoes."

"Tell her I'll be there ina minute," Eric says, his 'in' and 'a' slurred together as he looks back to his laptop to finish whatever project he was working on. Derick grogan's, shutting the door behind him as he exits, heading back to the kitchen. "'Tell her I'll be there in a minute'," he mocks in a high-pitched voice, rolling his eyes. "God, I'm not some damn Hermes." As Derick approached the openning to the kitchen, he leans his head in, looking up at his mother's back. "He says he'll be here in a minute."

"Alright, thank you!" He hears his mother say, practically hearing the smile she wore as he grumbles in response, turning to head back to his bedroom.

"Kendall! Need you for a sec!" Kenny says in a loud tone, sticking his head through the open doorframe that led into his son's room. His eyebrows furrowed upon seeing the room empty of the boy, scratching his head before walking off to look elsewhere around the house. Kendall, at that moment, had been outside near Stark's Pond, reading through a porno magazine he was going to sell to one of the boys at his school. They both planned to meet up at Stark's Pond around four in the afternoon, so that's where Kendall was now instead of in his bedroom rereading his own magazines.

The blonde let out a hum to himself as he sat on a lone bench, his right leg kicked up on his left as he swung his right foot back and forth while reading. His eyes would squint a little in admiration and a grin would play on his lips ever so often, scanning some more before flipping the page to be greeted by the next savoring surprise.