Late Night Deliveries

As the boys walked further from the alleyway, in the presumed "direction" of the town's park, the lighting got a bit better. Lamp posts after a few minutes began to go from dark, to barely lit, to a fair brightness, making their way a little better.

"Jeez," Sam grumbles, looking around as he kept close to Levy. "Even with the lamp posts, this place is almost like a freaking ghost town."

"Yeah, no kidding," Kendall replies, his voice muffled from his jacket. The other two remained quiet, but it was easy to tell that Levy agreed by the expression he wore on his face. Derick's was unreadable though- bore a straight-face - making it harder to deem his agreeable or not.

"How long do you think this might take?" Levy groans, his eyes staring at the back of Derick's brunette head. Derick doesn't reply, leaving the redhead in an even worse irritable mood, grumbling to himself as he began to look around as well.

When minutes passed, the lights that used to be clustered now became spread out, meaning the lamp posts were in unevenly positioned areas. Levy noticed this, but it took a lot in him not to grumble about that too. He looked to his dark shoes, almost matching the colour of the hard cement below.

"It should be a few minutes now," Derick finally says, and Levy looked up to see them at an entrance to a small park. It was mostly littered with trees and the common snow, with a fairly sized playground that took over a few yards from the entrance. The playground was comprised of a large twisting slide, a teetertater, a swing set, monkey bars, and sand pit, with three shadowed figures taking the seats of the swingset, while a lone shadow was perched on the bottom of the slide. A single lamp post resided to the side of the playground, but the figure's identitis were hard to see from a distance, even if it could've been light out.

"This is it?" Sam inquires, raising a brow.

Derick nods. "These are our men." The brunette walks over, his footsteps from the grass then to the crunching sound of bark chips, gaining the figures' attention. Each of them looked in his direction, faces unclear and unreadable even from the distance closed because of Derick.

After a few seconds of hesitation, Levy, Sam, and Kendall stepped forward to join him, reaching him quickly. When they had passed where the light post was and were in a near proximity of the swing set, Kendall was the first to register the faces.

The three on the swing set were male, while the one on the slide he couldn't figure out.

"You the ones we're meeting?" Derick questions, eyes set on the closest figure. They nodded their head to his question. Derick nods as well, though more in self-reassurance.

"We've got a small collection," Derick starts, strolling closer before leaning against one of the poles of the swing set. "Got the cash?"

All three nod, turning and producing an uncertain amount of bills from their pockets. A slight smirk curves onto Derick's lips, nodding to himself a little before turning to Kendall. "Kendall, got the mags?"

"Yes, sir," the blonde says jokingly with a grin, stepping towards them and openning his jacket to reveal around five to six different magazines hiding in a large secret pocket. "Brought a variety for different interests."

One of them got up, nearing Kendall before the blonde stuck his arm out in defense, mocking an "Ah-ah!" He got a look of the surely now-registered male, seeing dark brown locks with matching dark eyes and porcelain coloured skin. The boy was shorter than Kendall, and wore a green sweater with large sleeves and ripped jeans. He liked his style, though Kendall couldn't quite understand the fashion choice as it was rather cold for ripped jeans in this cold season.