Chapter 4

As she opened the doors to the old Shelby family home the burning smell of cigarettes and woman's perfume she slightly smiled at the smell of her childhood home filled her body she soon got pulled out of her thoughts by Lizzie Shelby "for goodness sake get in, you will freeze to death" she smiled at the small Shelby girl "I won't be staying long I am gonna go find Isiah to go to the Garrison later" she spoke as she walked into the first room of the house, "wwwww, Isiah Jesus soon to be Isiah Shelby" she stated with dreamy eyes "calm your self Lizzie, might break your own heart when,I say we are just friends and nothing more" Edith said with a wide smile on her face.

She put her coat up and pulled out her cigarettes and matches and turned to the tall woman who leant on the door frame. "Well what about that gold boy, has he floated your boat" she looked eager to know Edith's answer "I don't know, I don't really have the greatest heart for love" Edith stated as she put her cigarettes in her dresses pocket. "Don't be daft, you have a heart under all that Shelby temper" Lizzie spoke as she backed into the living room walking towards the kitchen "and it's deep down and that's where it will stay Lizzie"

As they both entered the Shelby kitchen. They Sat down on the table to await for the man himself Thomas. As Edith sat down in a chair in front of Isiah and his father Jeremiah, her god father, she passes Isiah a cigarette and lights her own as he lights his.

They all waited for Thomas as no one spoke a word as they had nothing to say after what they all had lost a Friend, brother, sibling, cousin, niece, and partner in crime. Everyone has lost the strong hearted Shelby who kept there insanity and happiness.

~Flashback~
"Planing on going out later Eddi, wanna come" John asked his youngest sister as she was on the steps of the Shelby house with her teddy. "Aunt Poll says I can't leave this street" she said in fear of her aunts thoughts about leavening the sight of her
"You don't trust your favourite brother, that hurt that did" John spoke as he lifted his hand to his heart "where would we go" young Edith asked as she wouldn't want to hurt her brother "Charlies yard, unless princess Edith has something else in mind?"

As they both raced through the alleys and cold dark streets of small Heath they soon reached Charlie's yard. As John opens the gate the small Shelby hops into the yard and races straight to the horses stables in no time. "Never had anything else to your mind except these horses did ya" John spoke after arriving at the stable doors "I love them J" she smiled as she stroked the horses main "more than me?" He asked in a sad tone, "I don't know the answer to that" the young Shelby spoke with confidence and a slight obedience in her voice "well, I'll have to tickle it out of you!" He roared as he chased the little Shelby around the stables. Her little giggles music to his ears as he catches her.

~end of flash back~
She slowly looked around her with a soft smile as she remembered that time when all was good and nothing could hurt her perfect heart. She soon heard the front door open and slam shut

Let the fun begin.

~I do apologise for the short chapter I have been struggling to decide whether to keep this book going or not, please let me know and I would gladly carry on if anyone would wish for. Thank you~