Chapter 5

I started to give up on waiting for Tommy my anger about him using his own brothers funeral as a beacon. "He does take his time doesn't he" Finn coughed up trying to lighten the mood. "Well he's stupid if he thinks I am staying for his shitty excuse"
I spat out and grabbed the warm coat that sat on the back of my chair and I threw it over my shoulders and walked out.

I didn't know where I was going but my feet took me straight to Charlie's yard. I walked in and was greeted with curly's happy smile " wh- why you here Edith" he spoke with a small stutter at the start. " got enough of Tommy's excuses, so came here for some peace" I smiled back "oh right, I'll be with the horses" he smiled while walking back to the stables. I looked back at him and smiled as his happy feet that took him to his 'happy place'.

As I took a turn to where uncle Charlie kept his scarps and pulled out the revolver from the holster that warped around my shoulder. I fired four shots and finally two more I went to grab more shells from my pocket and opened the barrel of the revolver till I heard a low voice from behind me "focking hell" I turned around there behold My dearest oldest brother. Arthur. "Just like ya favourite brother ain't ya" he laughed as he walked over beside me "I don't think Finn can even fire two shots without pissing him self" I smiled his smile soon faded as he understood why I brought Finn up and turned to face me and put his strong hands onto both my shoulders " i remember you and Ada running around the streets with a revolvers killing rats" he smiled at the small memory "I would always get the most of them Ada would scream if she missed the rat, because she was scared of them eating her feet off." he laughed at the little screams of Ada in his head and smiled "ya gonna end up killing focking Italians instead of rats now" his smiled lowers and so did mine "so it's beginning " I said in a small whisper.