Chapter 7

As we three walked into the warehouse, men where shouting at the top of there lungs and things hitting against metal, which made my headache I woke up with make my skull shake. As we walked passed the newly polished cars me and Arthur walked behind Tommy as him and a man spoke.

I felt a pare of eyes burning into my skull I was sure it wasn't the headache, I turned to look to my right, there he stood Bonnie focking Gold. "Bonnie this way" ordered Tommy "Yes mr Shelby",we three began to walk.

Tommy leaded us  towards a man so called Billy. " there he is, Billy Mills, former heavyweight champion, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire" Tommy shouted as he soon reached the man, as I stopped I felt Bonnie stop right beside me.

"Hello, Billy" Tommy finished "yeah" spoke the man as he look towards his feet in fear "and I now I work for you, Mr Shelby, for not enough money" they both looked at each other for a minute till the tall man god a glimpse of me and Bonnie. "Right. That enough for ya?" The man looked dumbfounded. "Enough for what?" "So one here who wants to fight you Bonnie Gold, come here, son." Bonnie took off his hat and walked towards Tommy and the man.

"I'm a heavyweight, he's a welterweight at best" he spoke careful about his words around Tommy, "nevertheless, he wants to fight you" as he took a drag out of his cigarette. The tall man set down his tool, "yeah. And when I damage him, she will take out my eyes" he spoke pushing his head towards me who leant on the side of a old pole as I look at him in the eyes trying not to laugh "too focking right I will" I joked.

"No comeback, Billy, just a fight, Queensberry rules" spoke Tommy looking at the mans dirty shoes as he walked away as I soon followed "when!?" Shouted the man "now!" Shouted Tommy back "where?!" He shouted again "here!" He shouted ending the mans confusion.

As we walked closer we heard Arthur order the workers around "All right, you lot, come here make it interesting". As we walked in I saw the middle of the room cleared out and roped tied on each pole to make a makeshift boxing ring. "And place the wager with me, I'll give you good odds!".

I saw Bonnie strapping his boxing gloves on, and Arabama talking to him. I simply observed him as Tommy looked at Arthur, as he gave me a small glimpse and looked me up and down and gave me a cheeky wink I tried to hide the small blush that crept onto my cheeks. As Arabama stood beside me he spoke with Bonnie on the outside of the makeshift ring. As the bell chimes I knew this would be fun, but I also felt a little worried for the Golden boy.

As they both neared each other the tall man threw a right punch to Bonnies shoulder but missed as Bonnie glided away in ease. Every shot Billy threw Bonnie would miss. As Arthur and Tommy stood beside me I looked up to see Tommy concentrated on the two men. "The boy knows he can hit back, right?" Spoke up Arthur "told him In the professional game people want their moneys worth, don't win too fast." Spoke up Arabama with a small smirk creep onto his face "but if you've seen enough....." "finish him, Bonnie!" Shouted Arabama. As I looked back to the fight it was like a pin dropped and Bonnie was a lose cannon hit after hit into the mans chest and one last one into the jaw and right hook to the cheek Billy was on the floor. As Tommy and Arthur and I three looked to the man on the floor amazement flashed across my face

"Fuck me. That was a punch" Arthur spoke in amazement as I looked towards Bonnie he was walking around the ring slightly out of breath I flashed a small smile which was returned with another wink. Which I can't lie gave me butterflies, as I looked back to Arthur and Arabama Gold "no, just his dads strength and his mother's temper" as Arabama ducked into the 'ring'. And pulled off Bonnies gloves, as the boy looked deep into my dark green eyes and his deep gold ones meet. It was like the whole world went blank. As I came back to earth I carried on listening to the on going conversation. "I could fight a focking tree and knock it out, Mr. Shelby" Arthur chuckled and smiled "I like him. I like him"

As Arthur and Tommy pulled each other to the side I leaned up again the pole and waiting for them to come back. As I played with a pocket knife till the both walked into the ring towards the Golden men, but something felt weird . "all right, we'll do it" "But we need to do a deal about the money" "mmm-hmm" hummed Arthur "yeah. Speak to my accountant" spat Tommy, I rolled my eyes at his attitude. "The witch?" Questioned Arabama "yeah". "So when will my first real fight be do you think, Mr. Shelby?" Questioned Bonnie, eager to know, I could tell he loved boxing with all his love. "Ah, as we can find anyone stupid enough to get in the ring with you" Tommy states with a small chuckle from Arthur "gold help him" as he counted money in his hand.

But what caught my attention something that sparked anger in me was when Tommy pulled off his peaky hat and "here you go, Bonnie" and Bonnie took the hat from his hands "you're a peaky blinder now, son" I looked at Bonnie them towards Tommy with anger in my eyes burning into his skull. He looked at me and didn't say anything. He knew what danger he was putting this boy into and he wanted it.

I pushed passes Arthur and ducked under the rope and stormed out before anyone said anything. I was stuck in my thoughts as I stormed through the wet streets of small Heath. Fuck the fucking Italians, fuck fucking Tommy and his little games. As I walked through small heaths alleys and found myself back at the Shelby house. And grabbed a bottle of whiskey from Tommy's office and sat in his chair and pulled out a smoke and sat deep in my thoughts.