Chapter 9: Coming To Terms

Luke's POV

When she took off her helmet I couldn't believe my eyes. She was so different now.

I was a stuttering mess. It was embarrassing but the shock of seeing Avalon again after so many years....it was too overwhelming.

She was stronger, beautiful, even more so than before.  She found love and happiness but I wasn't apart of her life and I'd do anything to fix my mistake.

•||

We started running in human form.

At first it was easy, but gradually, as I tried my best to keep up with Avalon, the burning feeling in my chest increased.

I was running out of breath.

"Ugh! This sucks! Why do we have to do this? " Asia whined.

"You heard her explanation Asia. There's no need for it to be repeated." Ashton said, rolling his eyes.

She scoffed, "Do any of you actually believe that nonsense? Obviously she's trying to get revenge."

Murmurs of agreement sounded throughout the pack.

"Listen, whether or not she's trying to get revenge, we need to suck it up because we need her to train us.  A war is approaching and we can't waste any of our time. Each and every one of you will give them the respect that they deserve. We are inferior to them. One mistake can cost our lives." I said.

I stopped running and turned to look at my pack.

"Am I understood?"

"Yes Alpha!"

With a stern nod towards them, I continue running.

"When is your father and the former beta coming back?" Ashton asked.

"They will be arriving in two days time."

•||

When Ava called out three people to fight her children, I was a bit worried for them.

How could she let her children fight people twice their age and size?

What if they get hurt? Would she hold my pack mates responsible?

But all that was short lived when I saw that the triplets had beaten their opponents under 30 seconds.

What the- Is that even possible?

They're only eight for goodness sake!

Hell, at that age the most I could do was climb a tree.

I couldn't help but feel jealous at the fact that she had children with Luciano.

I knew that she wasn't his mate though,  because she was mine.

She was supposed to be with me. Have  my children. Be my Luna.

But I messed that up.

No worries though, sooner or later, I'm going to get her back.

One way or another she will be mine once again.

•||

I shifted in anger at the way Ava disrespected my wolf and I.

She kicked me in my side and made a split.

Practically taunting me that she was stronger now.

"Beat him up mommy!"  I heard the triplets yell.

My head snapped to them.

What the fuck?! Simon growled.

No. No. No. No, no, no, no...i-it- it can't be.  He said in disbelief.