Prologue

"Mommy! Mommy!" I shouted gleefully as she chased my siblings and I around the park.

Daddy was at a pack meeting with Alpha Johnson. We tried to get him to join us but his duty as a Beta forbade him.

Ashton and Asia were my siblings. We were 6 year old triplets. Our Mother, Teresa was the Beta Female and most respected person alongside the Alpha. Everyone adores her.

Suddenly, I fell face first into the ground. My eyes welled up with tears but I didn't let them fall. The scratch was already healed so there was no point in crying.
My brother helped me off the ground and dusted my skirt.

"I will always protect you from harm's way Ava. Both you and Asia, I will protect you two forever until I die." He kissed my forehead and held Asia's hand as he said this.  Asia and I looked up at him and smiled.

At that moment, multiple growls rung out through the trees. Our mother quickly put us behind her and got into a fighting stance. The wolves charged at us in the next second. 

Mommy was going good until Asia screamed. She got distracted and looked in our direction. A ginger coloured wold with grey eyes took his chance and jumped at her, ripping her throat out.

They began to circle us, but luckily the warriors of our pack along with the Alpha and our father came to the rescue. 

||....

Later that night, father asked us what happened.

"Daddy!.." Asia sobbed, "Mommy was fighting so well, up until Avalon screamed which caused her to get distracted.!"

I looked at her in shock, then turned my head to Ashton. But his head was down as if in shame.

As I was sitting in daddy's lap. I turned to face him.

"Daddy that's not true, Asia was the one who screamed!"

Asia and I usually argued so this wasn't new to him. Ashton was always the icebreaker between us.

Daddy then looked at Ashton, "What happened son? This is a serious matter so I trust you to answer honestly."

I looked at Asia smugly, knowing that Ashton would never lie to our father.

But what a surprise I was in for when Ashton looked me in the eyes and said, "It was Avalon father, she screamed because she was already hurt and scared. She caused mom to get distracted."

Our father's hands suddenly tightened on my waist and in the next moment I was being slammed onto the ground. He then began throwing punches all over my little body. I screamed, pleaded and begged him to stop. In the corner of my eyes I noticed that Asia was now watching me with a smile on her face and Ashton..he completely avoided my eyes.

I felt a hand grip my hair tightly.  I was looking into the eyes of my father.

"You are no longer my daughter. You are to be the pack's slave. You will be lower than an Omega and you will never look into the eyes of anyone superior to you. You are to sleep in the attic from now on and never to address me as 'Father'. Get out of my sight!" He shouted as he gave one last kick to my ribs.

"Yes Sir." I whimpered as I dragged myself up to my new room- The attic.

As I curled myself up onto the cold floor of the attic, the only thought passing through my mind was that...

Even with all the beating that I received tonight, the only pain I truly felt was Ashton's betrayal.