01 - I'll Take Care of You

Setting: Themis Law Firm    Time: 12:47 AM
_______________________________

As you work late night at your job someone interrupts you. "____, I'm really tired so if you don't mind I have to kindly ask you to leave so I can close the building." You look up and see Kiki. Of corse it's her, she was the last one in the building other then you. You start to pick up your belongings and head towards the door when you stop. You forgot to thank Kiki, idiot. "Thank you Kiki for letting me work late night again." You flash a smile you head out the door and walk home.

Setting: Your residence     Time: 6:00 AM
_______________________________

"Just shut up already" You call out of annoyance. As you open your eyes to turn off the alarm clock, you see your phone on with 3 missed calls and a message. You think, who could be calling and texting up at this hour? After you turn off your alarm, you walk (well basically sliding) across the floor to find this person calling you so early. As you reach the phone you see Vyn. Of corse it's Vyn he always checks in on me.

Ring, ring, ri-

"Hello? ____?"   Yep it's him, Vyn.

"Ah, Dr. Richter! Sorry for not answering your  text or calls. I was busy doing things." You respond.|Stop the cap you were sleeping|

"What made you busy?"

"Oh nothing just work."

"Did you stay over time earlier?"

"Ahaha yes, how did you know?"

"You sound very tired. Can I come over?"

"Uhm, sure I have time."

You chat with him for a little while later until he hung up. You get ready for company and waited for him.

Time: 6:33
_____________

As everything is ready you hear a knock at your door. You scurry to the door and open it. "Hello, Dr. Richter!" You say with a fake smile.
"Ah! Hello ___." You gesture for him to come inside after his response. After you lock the door you sig across from Vyn. "So uh, what was your reason for coming here?" You wanted to break the silence since it was rude just staring. "I wanted to talk to you, after all my weekends are all reserved for you."

After a while you realize that you were staring at him in a blushing mess. You still don't understand why this happens each time he says that, you probably will never understand. "I'm sorry! I'll go make some tea!" You quickly rush to your kitchen.

Time: 6:41
__________

"Damn it." You hissed. You burned yourself while making tea. I kind of deserve it for putting it on a high fire anyways. "Is everything alright?" Vyn comes in the room. "Everything is fine!" You say brightly trying to convince him that nothing happened. "What's that on your hand?" Aw shit he figured it out. "It's nothing" You hide it behind your back. "Is it a burn? Let me see." He came over and moved you away from the stove. "I told you it's nothing."

"____ what is on your hand?" He says in a firm voice. It's weird and scary seeing Vyn like this. He usually keeps a calm representation around you. "I already told you I'm fine and it's nothing" Your not that good at lying, (as you can see) especially around Vyn. "____, there is something on your hand I would like to see it." He is getting impatient, you can hear and see it. Since it's useless hiding things from him you show him the burn. It looks bad.

Vyn looks up at you. He sighs, "Do you have any medical items in your house?" You nod. "In the bathroom (or washroom if you prefer). I'll go get it-" Vyn stops you. "I can get it for you."

Vyn returns with a medical kit. He leads you to the couch he was sitting on and sits next to you. You wonder how he knew where it was. Before you question he interrupts you. "Alright lets start." The process of cleaning the burn hurt but with Vyn's hands, it felt gentle.

After cleaning the burn you both chat about work and business until a ringtone is heard from Vyn's phone. He excused himself. After hearing him pick up the phone you run to the kitchen to make tea.

Vyn's conversation 👀:
"Celestine? Hello."

"Ah, Vyn? Do you know where ___ is?"

"No why?"

"They left their case here. Do you-"

"I don't think they need their case. They have been working over time. Maybe a break for them will be good?"

"Alright if you say so.."

You hear Vyn come back from his call when your name came out of his mouth. "____? Where did you go?" You rush out of the kitchen to welcome him back. "I'm right here!" You want to know who called Vyn but it was rude to ask. It could have been personal. "Were you trying to make tea again?", he chuckled. You nod. He came over to help. "It's fine I got it." He refused, "You burned yourself last time let me help." You insist that you don't need help but he came inside anyways and went to the stove. "It's not like I'm a child. Do you not trust me?"

Vyn paused. He turned and looked at you with worry. "I do trust you it's just I don't want you to get hurt." You understand that but still refuse. "It's okay for me to make mistakes and get hurt sometimes." He sighed, "I'll let you help me" You fake smile. yay.

Time: 7:03
___________

You and Vyn are sitting on the same couch as you chat and laugh with each other. "Are you sure your fine?" He asks with a specific tone. You pause for a moment. Wasn't expecting that. "mhm! I'm fine" Covering it up isn't the best option, at least I tried. "I can tell that your not. What's bothering you?" You take a deep breath, "I've been really tired lately and can't catch up with work which is why I stay overtime. The PUA's have been harassing me which distracts me from my work. I don't feel anything. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I have no one to talk to."

A little bit of Vyn's POV:
____________________

Ah, that's what is bothering them. "I already told you if you need to talk to someone you can come to me," I think I have some time in my schedule to talk to them. "Do you have any free time this week? Maybe you can come by my research center if you are. We can talk there." Maybe I can get rid of those PUA messages while I'm still here.

Your POV:
_____________

"I see my schedule on Monday, if I do have time I would like to talk. Though I don't want to bother you.." You told him the one thing that you feel guilty of. I already know what you're going to say.. "____, you are not a bother to me or my schedule. May I see you're phone?" He probably wants to delete the problem on my phone. You hand him your phone.

Time: 7:15
___________

He finished yay. You thanked him at least 5 times when he finished getting those messages off your phone. Now I can sleep and do my work.

_______________________________

I finally finished the first part of this fan fiction 🐬🐬