Chapter 2

Previously in Chapter 1...

She was walking through the field of grass, crushing the lush green grass underneath her steps.

...

Then something caught her attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something had caught her attention.

She saw a blur of blue in her peripheral vision and instantly whipped her head in the direction where she saw it, hurting her neck in the process. She immediately regretted that action. She thought she might have sprained her neck but ignored the pain and continued to walk towards the blue 'object' she saw, slightly stumbling from the pain. She poked the 'object' with her fishing pole to assure herself that she doesn't mistake it for something else.

It was a flower with sapphire-colored petals. It has four petals with pointy tips and four small ones at its center. The tip of the larger ones looked like they had been folded or bent. Meanwhile, the smaller ones are more straight and pointy. The smaller petals also have a freckle-like gradient from a very dark blue to a livid color. Its filaments are short, making it invisible to the eye unless you get a closer look. It has a black stem, black stepals, and black leaves. There were also thorns protruding from its stem, making it uninviting to the wildlife around.

Ziel's eyes widened as she stared at the flowers, dumbfounded.

Ziel had found one of the rarest herbs in her day-to-day fishing spot. How has she not noticed them before? Not only did she accidentally find one of the rarest herbs, but there were also two of the herbs there. Ziel had found it weird that she had discovered two of these downstream because these flowers usually grow upstream. Not questioning the situation further, she immediately pulled out a knife from her pocket and cut gently at the pedicel of the flower. Quickly securing the rare herbs, and immediately rushed back to the cottage, leaving her fishing pole behind.

She could care less about the fish now. Securing the herbs was a far more essential task.

...