LII

August 1st
Omniscient

"I genuinely don't understand how Renae and all of the other girls girls you were with around that time weren't going crazy when you went to jail, and that was what? 5 years?" Cassia shook her head, gripping his hand a little tighter as they walke...

"I genuinely don't understand how Renae and all of the other girls girls you were with around that time weren't going crazy when you went to jail, and that was what? 5 years?" Cassia shook her head, gripping his hand a little tighter as they walked along the gorgeous pathway.

"Cause those bitches ain't give a fuck bout me forreal, they main concern was what I could do for them. And I was keeping the checks rolling from the cell, so they wasn't bothered." He waved off, shoving his free hand into his pocket.

"I don't understand how but...I guess that's just them. But was jail okay? Like I know it must've been terrible but, were there any highlights." Nibbling on his bottom lip, Cepheus glanced down at her, never stopping their walking as he contemplated on revealing the fact he found out she had a brother. Clearing his throat, he swallowed down hard at the bright smile on her face.

"It was straight, same as usual, but I met somebody..." Hesitantly looking up at him, Cassia slowly nodded her head for him to keep going. "No it wasn't no female cause I can see the lil look in your eyes, calm down." He chuckled, knowing how she always manages to overthink and jump to conclusions without actual evidence.

"Well I'm sorry, whenever a person claims they met somebody, it's 9 times out of 10 someone who has peaked their interest. But who did you meet?" She smiled up at him, allowing him to wrap his arm around her neck to pull her body more into his own.

"On the day before the last one I was in there, there was a dude named Isaac who was a new inmate. When I seen him, he looked like somebody I knew but I ain't know who exactly. So we get to talking and shit, he letting me know he in there for a murder he ain't commit and how his mom and pops died, it don't really matter. But long story short, he letting me know he got 3 sisters and 5 brothers but he ain't meet one of his sisters, who happens to be the only other kid his parents had together. His parents happening to be Clyde and Lydia Taylor." Instantly stopping in her tracks, Cassia glanced towards the ground before hesitantly looking up at him.

"W- what do you mean...? My parents?" Nodding his head, Cepheus turned to face her straight on. He could see the unreadable expression in her face, her thoughts and emotions not clicking or aligning with one another.

"Mhmm, and if he got 7 other siblings then that means you do too. I didn't want to bring you out here to say this and possibly ruin your night or something, but I didn't feel right keeping it from you when I know you really do want to know more about your family. Considering motherfuckers been lying to you all these years." Taking a deep breath, Cassia moved her hair from out of her face while shifting her eyes everywhere.

"I mean I would want to meet them but...I tried to meet my mom and we see how that turned out." She sighed, frustration being the main thing she felt when it came to all of this. Not understanding why any of this was necessary from the beginning, when her parents could've just stepped up to be there for her from the day she was born.