Chapter 1 Awakening

When Kim Gongja reopened his eyes widened in amazement and uncertainty, unable to understand what I was seeing right now in my head and found himself in the chamber, feeling as if he hadn't drunk water in years.

He asked for water... water please....

He murmured faintly; his arm still attached to the life support. He had only just realised he was at a hospital when he heard footsteps approaching him. When the nurse opens the door and notices him waking up, she drops everything she is holding and flees.

Kim Gongja didn't expect to wake up in hospital after dying, hopefully they won't call the police to interrogate him in this condition.

Words were floating in the middle of the air in front of his eyes.

You have messages that have yet to be read.

"...?"

He closed and then opened his eyes.

You have messages that have yet to be read.

The hovering letters did not vanish. He shook his head and wiped his eyes, but the words didn't go away. He dropped his head and placed his palms on his brow.

Kim thought 'On top of hearing voices, I'm now seeing things...'

Is there something wrong with his head? He remembered the ailment known as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It was not surprising that his mind had broken down after losing a huge number of colleagues and his own life was on the verge of death.

Then Kim Gongja started seeing a notice on the message that said. "Kim Gongja, you've been accepted into World of Highschool DxD. "

Kim heard more footsteps approaching, this time from a doctor and three nurses, who rushed to him.

Doctor: Well, it appears that a miracle has occurred. You may feel a bit woozy. But don't push yourself, young guy; after all, you just awoke from a five-year slumber.

Doctor, please relax. I understand how you feel. I need to double-check anything with you beforehand. Do you recall the tragedy that occurred three years ago because you placed yourself in risk in order to save your twin brother from a vehicle collision?

Kim... No, and do you know I have a sibling?

The nurse takes the floor.

Nurse: Oh my, it appears that he is suffering from memory loss.

Doctor: Hmmm, it appears we should contact his family first and inform them of the excellent news.

Kim: Could you please first give me some water?

Doctor: Nurse, you're correct!

Nurse: I'll get you some water as soon as possible! Doctor

He will drink water when he has finished his meal. He decides to inquire about his current location with the doctor and nurse. They replied Kouh, a town in Japan. But when he asks about Z city or anything else, they have no idea what he's talking about, so the doctor decided to give him some alone time.

The club members were watching Issei make a phone call when he suddenly lighted up and jumped with delight and his friends at the club asking them what had happened. Issei explained that his twin brother Kim was hit by a truck in a accident and had to be pulled from the road by his father. To which they wanted to know the reason why they hadn't heard about it before. The members of the club were shocked when Issei told them he had just woken up from a coma. Issei said the answer can wait and rushed he saw his brother. The rest of the female club member hoped that he is not a pervert.

Kim is in a hospital after he fell down from his bed and tried to pull his own life support out by his own. He rolled his eyes. With his anxiousness gone and his heart feeling lighter, his attention was drawn to the message's contents. Perhaps it held clues that might assist him in solving the various riddles.

He reached out his palms toward the swaying words.

They snuck straight past them.

'I guess it's not a touch screen.'

He was too accustomed to using his smartphone and couldn't conceive of an alternative. He recalled his final moments in the temple as he pondered how he would open the message.

He remembered his previous encounter with the enigmatic voice was through words.

'Should I merely deliver the commands in my thoughts or say them aloud?'

Kim put his idea to the test by repeating all the words he could think of that may work:

"Send a message to confirm."

"Review the message."

"Observe."

"Show me..."

Issei heard what his twin brother was babbling about.

Issei say "Show me! What do you want to see big-tits so much?"

He shifted his gaze to the voice. His twin brother, dressed in his school uniform, was peering through the half-open door, strangely looking at him.

"Er..."

Kim couldn't think of anything to say.

Kim's eyes were drawn to the words floating in the air.

Their mom and dad enter the room, both with tears in their eyes.

After being struck by a car, Kim was in a coma for five years. Doctors believe his brain may not entirely heal and that his memories may be gone. Kim's parents chose to take him home from the hospital so he could spend time with his folks. They then returned him to his family's house, where he was reunited with his mother and father.

Issei: I'll pitch in as well!

Kim: I miss you as well!