Chap 6: The 64th Grammy Awards

Final Chapter

----------------

POV: Scarlett

I was so intensely proud of my wife. We had just finished the red carpet for the Grammys and were being escorted into the auditorium. Ali was nominated for four separate categories, which was absolutely incredible. While the main show would have three of her nominations, we already knew about a win.

"Love, I am so proud of you." I laid my head on her shoulder. "You won a Grammy, and nominated for three more."

"I still can't believe we won for Best Music Video. Especially for Marry Me. I'm very proud of that video." She pressed a kiss to my forehead. "And even if we don't win for Record, Album or Song of the Year, just to be nominated is incredible."

The ceremony started soon after our conversation. The two of us whispered back and forth while the other categories were announced, and finally we came to the big four. Ali was nominated for three of the four.

Best New Artist went to Megan Thee Stallion, who made a quick speech before disappearing backstage.

"The Nominees for Album of the Year are: Folklore – Taylor Swift; Chilombo – Jhené Aiko; Primordial - Platinum Fire; Everyday Life – Coldplay; Djesse Vol. 3 – Jacob Collier; Women in Music Pt. III – Haim; Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa; and Hollywood's Bleeding – Post Malone."

As each name was said the big screen showed the various artists. The presenter took a breath, opened the envelope and smiled.

"The Winner is... Primordial by Platinum Fire!"

I stood and pulled Ali into my arms. I would feel her vibrating with excitement. "Baby I am so proud of you!"

"I love you." She responded, pressing a kiss to my cheek before making her way to the stage. As she took the award, she stepped up to the microphone. "Wow. I wanna thank my bandmates, who can't be here tonight, my wife Scarlett, our families, and the crew. They did amazing work on this Album and it shows. Thank you!"

She made her way backstage for a moment, before reappearing next to me a moment or two later.

"The Nominees for Record of the Year are..." I dazed out for a few seconds, not really paying attention to the other nominees, before I heard Ali's band's name once more. "Marry Me - Platinum Fire." The presenter took a breath, opened the envelope and smiled.

"The Winner is... Marry Me by Platinum Fire!"

Once again, I pulled her into my arms. "Another. That's three Love."

"What am I supposed to say this time?" She asked, before she headed back onto the stage. She took a breath before stepping up once more. "Once again. Thank you so much. Thanks to Mac, Jazzy, and Drew, my bandmates, and the whole production team. They did incredible work on this song that means so much to me. Thank you."

She disappeared backstage, taking a bit longer than the first time. There was a performance by one of the younger artists that I barely paid attention to. As the song finished, Ali sat back down in her seat.

"Baby, I am beyond proud of you, and no matter what happens with the last award, you have made all of us, your band, your family, my family, even the Marvel family who are blowing up my phone right now. They are so proud of you." I showed her the text chain. She read through them and blushed deeply.

"Why did Mackie say he wanted to have my babies?" She asked, turning the phone to face me.

"Because it's Mackie." I answered, rolling my eyes at Mackie and his weirdness.

"The Nominees for Song of the Year are 'I Can't Breathe' - H.E.R; 'Black Parade' - Beyonce; 'Cardigan' - Taylor Swift; 'Circles' - Louis Bell, Adam Feeney, Kaan Gunesberk, Austin Post & Billy Walsh; 'Don't Start Now' - Caroline Ailin, Ian Kirkpatrick, Dua Lipa & Emily Warren; 'Everything I Wanted' - Billie Eilish & Finneas O'Connell; 'If the World Was Ending' - Julia Michaels & JP Saxe; and 'Marry Me' - Ali Peridiam."

The presenter took a breath, opened the envelope and laughed softly.

"The Winner is... Marry Me by Ali Peridiam!"

Ali pulled me to my feet and captured my lips briefly. I pressed my forehead to hers and smiled brightly. "Baby you are incredible and this win... its all you." She whispered softly before pulling away and heading back up to the podium.

"I'm beginning to run out of things to say, to be honest here. But this. This win means so much to me. The song is written for my now wife, Scarlett. She's my inspiration. So Scarlett, thank you, for loving me, for choosing me, for saying yes. I love you."

I blushed deeply as I felt my phone begin to vibrate uncontrollably. Message after message, probably from the Marvel family.

When we got home that night, all four awards in hand, we both were utterly exhausted.

------------------

GRAMMY RESULTS

The 64th Grammy Awards were last night. The Big Four was nearly swept by one group, Platinum Fire and specifically the lead singer Ali Peridiam. Peridiam spoke on behalf of her band. In total, Peridiam won four awards, Best Music Video, Record, Album and Song of the Year. It was her speech for Song of the Year that caught the eyes of much of the media.

"I'm beginning to run out of things to say, to be honest here. But this. This win means so much to me. The song is written for my now wife, Scarlett. She's my inspiration. So Scarlett, thank you, for loving me, for choosing me, for saying yes. I love you." -Direct Quote-

Congrats to all the winners.

------------------

THE END

<3