FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. chaos control and a hatter's hat !

 chaos control and a hatter's hat !

storybrooke maine .

THE AIR IN WINNIE'S LUNGS WAS STOLEN AS SHE LEANED AGAINST THE WALL FOR SUPPORT, walking towards David and the tattered-looking hat. She carefully slid the fence barrier open, the flames having been extinguished by some force of magic.

"Christopher?" She whispered, watching as David desperately rubbed at the tile floor, mindlessly trying to figure out the situation.

She looked around the room for a small boy in a yellow sweater, but the search came up dry.

He was gone.

Winnie tried to stifle the sob the pushed past her lips as she practically collapsed on the floor next to David, pulling her glasses from her nose so as not to get tears all over the lenses.

David, on the other hand, decided to lay blame on Regina, who was just standing in shock a few feet away.

"Where are they?" David couldn't keep the anger and fear out of his tone as he stood to face the Queen.

"I have no idea." Regina admitted.

"Are they dead?" David pressed.

Regina spared a look at Winnie, and her heart broke just a bit at the utter grief and sadness bleeding into the woman's features.

"The curse, it destroyed all the lands-"

"Are they dead?" David shouted, desperate for a straight answer.

"I don't know." Regina stated, clearly not liking this interrogation of sorts.

David's eyes grew shiny with misery and anger. "I should've killed you myself." He grabbed Regina's arm threateningly.

"Well, then, what's stopping you?" Regina spat, pushing David away and forcing him against the wall with a surge of magic, trapping him against the wallpaper and effectively suffocating him. That wasn't enough for Regina, she reached for his heart- intending to rip it out and crush it before his eyes with her newly returned abilities.

Winnie, however, was faster.

"Step away from him, Regina." Winnie stated, shakily standing from the tiles and putting her glasses on, crossbow at the ready as she faced the Queen.

Regina pulled away from David like a kicked puppy, subconsciously loosening his bonds a bit so he could at least breathe, "Winnie, I-"

The mother bear shook her head, a small, sad and humourless smile pulling at her lips, "Don't riddle me with excuses, Gina, give me answers." She demanded.