THIRTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. the consideration of angels  !

 the consideration of angels  !

storybrooke maine .

DENAHI STARED INCREDULOUSLY AT THE FIGURES BEFORE HIM, a thousand memories gusting through his soul. It was as if the rageful fire that burned through his skin, deep into his bones, had finally quenched with the unexpected return of his family.

"H-how is this possible?" He shook in their presence, glaring pointedly at Rumplestiltskin, "Is this another one of your tricks?"

"Denahi," Koda spoke up to reassure his brother, "It's us. Really."

Kenai nodded in agreement, rubbing absentmindedly at his misty eyes before smiling crookedly and pulling Denahi into a tight hug, "How could you not recognize your own brothers?"

"I don't- I don't understand." Denahi whispered, his fist closing around Kenai's jacket, afraid that if he were to let go, he'd lose them all over again, "I thought you were dead..."

"Not dead." Kenai established, drawing Koda closer so as to join in the hug, "Just cursed. In fact, we thought similarly of you... How did you get away from that bear?"

"It wasn't without consequence..." He muttered, " The thing was too distracted with Sitka to notice me slipping away."

A solemn silence fell over them as they recalled brief echoes of their oldest sibling, always so bright and guiding.

"I'll never forgive myself for leaving him behind..." Denahi leaned away from the embrace, swiping at his tearful face.

Kenai placed a hand on the man's shoulder, returning that deathly grip on his fur-lined coat, "There was nothing that you could have done- that any of us could have done. Sitka would be grateful that you lived... He wouldn't have told you to change a thing."

Denahi nodded, knowing that those words were more than true, "I have so many questions..."

"And we'll try to answer all of them," Kenai smiled, turning to look at the man that cowered behind them, "but first, you have to let go of your anger..."

Denahi stepped away, observing the Dark One as he pleaded silently and held his true love closer.

Before another word could be said, the hook-handed man clicked his tongue in a disapproving manner, drawing the attention to him as he carefully cradled the gun that Denahi had tossed away.