SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. enchanted neighbourhood !

 enchanted neighbourhood !

the enchanted forest .

IT WAS NO SECRET THAT WINNIFRED ROBIN ONLY EVER WANTED TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY, and her honey based pastries always seemed to do the trick. They filled people with a certain lightness. An undeniable excitement.

Of course, Winnie had her ways of making them do so.

She never really told anyone her 'secret ingredient'. It was far too precious to let it be ransacked by pillagers. She trusted people easily, but she also knew when to be cautious.

"Mama when are you gonna let me come with you!" Christopher whined one morning, tugging his satchel closer to his body and putting a hand on Pooh's fluffy head. "I wanna see the meadow!"

Of course, she couldn't quite keep anything secret from her son.

Winnie chucked slightly, tugging the strings of two large woven baskets together, making sure they were tightly attached.

"We'll be gone most of the day, Christopher, I wouldn't want you to get tired." Winnie stated, moving the woven baskets to the floor near the front door and making her way back to grab her own satchel and attach her crossbow to her hip.

Christopher was nearly ten now, and if he really wanted to come along, Winnie wouldn't argue.

"But I want to see the meadow!"

"We'll be fishing as well, would you be able to sit through that?" Winnie asked.

Christopher's face lit up, realizing she was considering letting him come along.

"Yes mama, I won't be any bother at all, I promise!" He exclaimed, standing straighter with his shoulders back.

Winnie paused near the front door for a moment more, sighing.

"Might as well bring the boys too." Winnie muttered. "Grab your satchel." She told Christopher, who bumped the air with his fists in excitement as he ran to pull his satchel over his shoulder.

The shapely woman pulled open the door for Kenai to shuffle through, followed closely by the other bear cubs and finally, Christopher.

She grabbed the woven baskets as she shut the door, and Kenai seemed to know instantly what to do, letting all his weight crash to the ground as Winnie situated the baskets along his back, one hanging at each side.