THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. an eye for an eye !

the enchanted forest

the enchanted forest . now .

THE JAGGED BARS IN CHRISTOPHERS HANDS WERE COLD, but they weren't quite as frigid and bitter as the harsh slap his unfortunate realization had been.

Killian stood a few feet away, on the other side of the cell door- and with him, stood Cora.

"Mr Hook?" Christopher asked again. "But y-... you promised."

Killian didn't meet his eyes, only continuing to stare at the dirt floor, clenching his jaw tightly.

"Foolish boy." Cora laughed at the child's expense, stepping further into the light of one of the torches on the walls, "He's a pirate."

Killian lifted his glare to the woman, who ignored his eyes on her and instead reached out, using a burst of magic to grab the compass from Emma.

Emma protested, pushing her hands against the bars, trying desperately to find a way out.

"Don't waste your energy, dear. Rumplestiltskin himself couldn't escape from this cell." Cora mocked, before turning to address another elephant in the room, "Thank you, Aurora. we couldn't have done it without you."

"Why would you do this?" Emma and Snow expressed their anger, "How could you?"

"Stop!" Christopher reached out one hand and tugged on Emma's arm, keeping the other firm around one of the bars.

They all looked towards Christopher in confusion as he returned to glaring at Cora, "I knew it."

"Yes..." Cora scowled, practically spitting venom, "Clever boy, aren't you?"

"Christopher, what is she talking about?" Mulan asked.

Christopher couldn't respond, silently kicking himself for not speaking up about his doubts sooner. It would have saved them so much trouble.

"He knew something was wrong with your precious Princess before even she knew," Cora explained, "See, you can hardly blame her for her actions, she was just doing as she was told."

Cora's hand lifted from her cloak, revealing a pulsing, red heart.

"You took her heart?" Emma asked incredulously, staring at the beating organ.

"Actually," Cora chuckled, briefly glancing at the pirate behind her, "it was a gift."

Christopher looked up at Killian, now feeling the blistering sting of betrayal even more than before.

With that, the sorceress lightly squeezed Aurora's heart, causing Aurora to choke on her own breath, stumbling as the pain briefly took her ability to stand straight.