𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

in your seventeen years of life, you've never experienced the feeling called 'love'. sure, it was given to you by your family, friends, and sure, you reciprocated them twice as much, but love love? it's something you're embarrassed to admit you've never felt to anyone before.

you even tried to force yourself once, and it didn't end well for you neither the object of your so-called affection. your friends even set you up with the popular guy last year and to say the 'date' had gone awkward was an understatement. it was such a disaster.

it's only when you told them of your current situation- predicament- that they respected your boundaries and stopped trying to set you up on blind dates with strangers you couldn't even bother to remember the names of.

until, you met him.

ken ryuguji, otherwise known as, 'draken'.

it wasn't really special, but thinking back on it now, you can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, it was all fate's doing. that maybe, you and him meeting each other wasn't just coincidence.

and somehow, depsite many warnings here and there, you still find yourself completely and hopelessly drawn to him. like a fucking moth to a flame, he enveloped you in his heat leaving you wanting for him more and more even though you knew that-

you were just a replacement. a replacement for someone who he had truly loved. maybe you were a masochist for choosing to stay, for letting him see you as someone who's not her.

you wanted to him that you and emma were different, but you were afraid that if you told him that, you'd lose him.

and you didn't want to lose anyone. much less draken.

you and him have been seeing each other for six months now, and despite trying to give you all, you can see - no, feel it. that he's one at all budging. hell he even told you once that he felt like he was cheating on emma the first week into you relationship. to say that that hurt you would be too kind a word, and if you cried that day, well, no one would know. it's not like even if you told him he'd suddenly care.

the only thing that enraged you was the fact that draken didn't even try. you wanted to ask him; "what does she have that i don't?" but everytime you remember that you're just you, the question dies in your throat. and you'd think; right. i'm just me. just y/n. not emma. never her.

draken haven't really told you those words straight up but every single time he rejects you of your offer to do something a cute couple would do, you'd get painfully reminded that those are moments he could've shared with emma. not someone like you.

you weren't exactly sure how long you could keep the act up, but one thing is certain; you don't plan to let go. at least not yet. not when you can still keep going, not when you can still heal him of his broken heart. that's right, you shouldn't forget your reason, you're doing this to help him. backing down is not an option.

but, a voice in your head whispers tauntingly. it's been six months. how long, y/n? how long do you intend to keep hurting yourself? you know deep down, don't you? that at the end, this is a fruitless. you're not actually helping him, you're just destroying yourself-

no. you'd reason desperately. i know what i'm doing.

but did you really? perhaps all you need is destiny pushing you in the right direction. that's probably it, because the next moment, you suddenly find yourself enjoying the company of another man who isn't draken?

no, was there any moment at all where you felt happy with him? recalling on it now, all you felt with him is an endless pit of loneliness and neglection.

who knew that him of all people would save you from this pit? and what's this? why's draken feeling guilty all over?

could it be that he's finally starting to warm up to you? if so then, it might be a little too late for him now.

you're stolen right before his very eyes and he knew that he couldn't do anything about that. he couldn't compete - not when all this time he treated you like trash. most especially not when he made you feel special instead. as though you finally know your worth - and that's something where draken has failed as the object of your love.

so right before this conflict reaches its peak, let's do a little rewind to show you as to how all of this unfolded.

and most especially, how it all ends.