his dead girl's brother

it's been two days since that incident happened and your phone's been bombarded with calls and messages from draken you didn't bother replying to. draken always managed to hurt your feelings one way or another, intentional or not. but it seems as if that this time it was the former and for you, it was the final push.

said final push wasn't enough to discourage you though. just enough to give yourself a break. no matter what draken does, you can never see yourself letting go. not when he was this hurt.

"the hell, y/n?!" your best friend yelled angrily. "are you saying it's okay for you to hurt?! fucking stop this. i'm damn serious." she panted, furious eyes meeting your nervous ones. you gulped, trying to placate her patiently.

"diana, i know what i'm doing, believe me. i'm not a child anymore-"

"do you really? even a five your old wouldn't be as stupid as you are. this has been going on for what, six months? fucking hell. i've been watching in the sidelines, but that doesn't mean i'm not seething just because i kept quiet about it all along." she balled her fists and you had to stop yourself from squeaking.

diana was the only person you've ever told to about what was going on between you and draken. she had always been an angry person, but this incident seems to have done it.

"diana, please,"

"no." she growled. "y/n, are you blind? you can't- you have to break things off with him! i can't stand watching you fall apart any longer.."

"diana..."

"y/n, please," she grasped your shoulders in what almost seemed like a desperate hold, glassy sky blue eyes meeting your widened (e/c) hues. "as your friend, i don't wanna see you hurting anymore. i don't wanna see you... destroying yourself for the sake of a man who thinks you're not enough.. please,"

"i-" you bit your lip in contemplating, brows furrowing as you tried to make sense of what she just said. you didn't want to see diana like this either, so without much thought, you bursted out the words, "i'll think about it." smiling as the distraught expression on her face turned to relief.

"oh, you better."

another three days when that talk with diana happened and you'd be lying if you said you didn't think about it. you can also tell draken is getting desperate that you even had to turn off your phone from annoyance. you can't even open an app without a message popping or a call coming. at this point, you considered getting a new number. but you can't. not when it's draken.

but you gave yourself props for being able to ignore him this long. last time you checked, your longest record was merely a day.

you placed your earbuds in, letting your (f/s) carry you away along with the sceneries of bright, tall buildings surrounding your much, much smaller form.

it's already eight in the evening but you somehow managed to make your parents agree to let you take a night walk outside the city. they like to worry a lot, you see.

you chuckled quietly to yourself. gazing up at the moon, you couldn't help but stop in your tracks to admire the beauty of it. it wasn't a star, but you still found yourselg wishing for the one thing you could never have with draken; peace.

you've long accepted that draken can't and won't love you, but at least with peace between you, it'll be easier to navigate through this difficult relationship between you and him.

your gaze tore away from the moon when someone collided in your back enough to make you let out an 'oof' sound.

"ah, i'm sorry. i tripped!" it was a male's voice, you realized, and the person sounded light and friendly enough not to alert yourself.

you whipped your head around and saw a blonde-haired man. his abyss staring right back at your surprised (e/c) ones. "uh, okay... are you alright?"

"yeah, that was nothing." he rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. he's cute. "i'm really sorry for that though. it kinda looked like you were in a daze back there, no?" the unknown man chuckled, amused. and man wasn't that sound attractive.

"i mean," you cleared your throat awkwardly. "i guess?"

he laughed and honestly? it was cute. you dare say, it's a good look on him. he then tilted his head to the side, extending a hand out for you in a gesture for a greeting. you rose a brow. "the name's mikey. you?"

mikey? you frowned, also extending your hand out for him. his hand was surprisingly soft to the touch, but comparably bigger than yours, you noticed. "mine's l/n y/n. call me however you like, mikey-kun."

"y/n-chan it is then!" he chirps happily. he seems childish too. you note, letting go of his hand.

mikey... why does that sound familiar?

"emma has two older brothers. one of them's shinichiro while the other goes by a nickname, mikey. pft- you could say i'm his babysitter."

your eyes widened. "mikey.. as in mikey sano? manjiro sano?"

"eh? you know me?"

you startled, taking a tentative step back. gulping, you nodded, "uh, yeah, i'm- i'm draken's... draken's friend, you could say!" you chuckled forcibly, averting your panicked eyes elsewhere. "he... mentioned someone called 'mikey' to me once. kinda figured it was you,"

"that's weird. i don't think ken-chin would hide a friend of his from me. you're not lying, are you?" mikey narrowed his eyes at you, and the sudden switch of his aura almost made you swallow nervously if you didn't have a rein on yourself.

"ah," you sweatdropped. "i'm actually not a good liar. if you want, you could-" you abruptly stopped much to the confusion of mikey. draken.. wouldn't like that. he said it isn't the time to meet his friends yet but... standing in front of me, is definitely one of them. i wonder... how he'll react-

"y/n-chan?" mikey called. "why'd you suddenly stop?"

"oh! uh-"

"mikey, you shouldn't have made me chase you around like that. i almost lost you, dumbass." a monotone voice piped up and you felt your heart literally skid to a stop.

"mikey and i are like glue attached to each other. we're nearly inseparable."

"ken-chin! look, i found someone who claimed she knew you-"

"y/n?what- what the hell is going on?!"

draken, fucking why of all times?!