dream

"y/n, where are you going? it's still too early to be going outside, you know." you rolled your eyes at your mom's words. why does she keep acting as if you're not old enough to make decisions- albeit small- by yourself?

"mom, i'm literally just going to meet a friend. i'll be back before you know it." you said, irritation clearly made obvious in your tone.

"oh..." she trailed off unsurely, brows pinched together in a way that almost made you feel guilty. "well, take care. i'll cook you your favorite meal when you come back, okay? don't be late for lunch!"

"i already know that, mom!" you groaned. "don't miss me too much!" you added before slamming the door behind you.

sighing, you walked slowly towards the direction of the nearest park, one where you know draken is waiting. he said he wanted to hang out which honestly surprised you, but you were happy at best. i mean, how couldn't you be when for the first time in forever, he's the one who took the initiative?

you couldn't help the little squeal that escaped your lips, unable to contain the happiness beginning to bubble up inside you. this is draken after all! the draken who after months of rejecting your advances to go on dates had finally made a move to ask you out. and although unplanned, too sudden to feel suspicious almost, this is draken. and you can never doubt him on anything. compared to most, that man actually knows what he's doing and if this is what he wants from you, then you'll gladly give it to him without second thoughts.

you hummed all the way down the street until you finally reached the designated place. scanning your surroundings and seeing no draken in sight, you opted to sit on a bench, watching as people come and go.

as expected, you had been too excited. arriving thirty minutes before the agreed time, well aren't you overly punctual? in truth, you were just too paranoid to even arrive on time nor can you afford going late, because if that happened, draken won't wait for me. you didn't want him leaving you behind. not after everything, no.

with a long-suffering sigh, you pulled out your phone in hopes of entertaining yourself. the effect, however, was quite the opposite of what you had been hoping.

what if... what if draken doesn't come? what if something came up and- and he couldn't come? but, there's no message of him saying that so everything must be fine then... right?

you chewed at your lower lip on instinct as your mind begins to envelop you whole.

it's not like he's the type to make someone wait too. that's petty and he's matured for someone his age. but.. but-

9:44 AM

your phone read.

at ten. he said he'll come at ten. what? does he intend to arrive exactly on time? what happens if a minute- nor five minutes- pass and he's still not here? do i continue to wait? or do i look for him? did he- could he have possibly forgotten about this day-

"y/n." a deep, familiar voice suddenly greeted your ears and just like that, your mind has silenced down upon his arrival. yeah, draken always had that effect on you. the ability calm you down with just his presence. you could say that it's one of the things why you find yourself deeply wanting him.

"overthinking again?" he sat down next to you.

"huh?" you blinked once. twice. draken... came? "draken?!" you immediately brightened up seeing as the latter is very much real.

he huffed a small amused laugh at seeing your overjoyed expression. he couldn't even help to think that the way your eyes sparkled upon seeing him is kinda... cute.

"what is it, y/n?"

"you're actually here!"

draken frowns. "i'm the one who asked for you to meet me, of course i am." he then added, "you're earlier than expected."

you blushed furiously. damn, were you that see through? "i guess i am." you then stole a quick glance at his direction but you paused when your eyes came in contact with his tired features. his eyes looked almost lifeless, and he had bags circling under them which you had only noticed. just how did i miss this?

"eh? draken? you don't look okay.." you told him softly.

"you're right. i look like shit."

you smiled at that, looking at him fondly, you said, "well i don't think i can argue with that." the playful glare he sent your way made you smile wider. "so, tell me why you look like shit, draken."

"hm." he nodded. a pregnant pause hung in the air as he visibly contemplated whether or not to tell you about his reason. but, to him, you just looked so earnest and determined to listen to him that he can't help the next words that flew past his mouth the second he decided to open them. "it's about emma. last night, i- i dreamt of her... again."

oh. of course. it's about her... again.