war in the kitchen

"oh! ken-chin, so you really do know this girl?" mikey either didn't care or was to oblivious to the building tension between you and draken. the look on his face looked excited almost, although you didn't know why. you glanced at draken warily, afraid that if you laid your eyes on him again you won't be able to look away.

it was just your luck that he was already looking at you.

"uh, yeah," draken coughed, eyes reverting back to mikey. "yeah. i know her... she's my-" he cut himself off, and you can tell by the look on his face that he didn't know what to call you in front of his friend.

are you that embarrassed to have me? your eyes wandered over to mikey. but i can't blame him. this is the brother of his almost-girlfriend after all.

you sighed, briefly closing your eyes in order to calm yourself before you go and save draken's ass. "your friend, right, draken?"

draken's eyes widened in disbelief, and thankfully mikey's eyes were already on you or else he would've seen the former's baffled look which would only confuse him even more. "is that right, ken-chin?"

"uh, yeah. she- she's not lying."

you eyed draken longer and his eyes were frantically trying to avoid yours and mikey, though the latter obviously looks like he couldn't care less. he seemed to be lost in his own world. "hey mikey,"

"hm?"

"you wouldn't mind if i leave your side for a while, right?"

you gulped, already knowing where this will go. your legs screamed at you to run. diana's words replaying in your head like a mantra, but despite the warning bells, you found yourself being pulled by the man you wanted to avoid the most, in an alley you assumed mikey wouldn't see nor hear the two of you.

"y/n," he began. "why were you avoiding me these past few days-"

"why don't you ask yourself that, huh?" you spat, glaring daggers up at him. "maybe you should think before you speak next time." crossing your arms in your chest, you stood straighter than before, tilting your chin up to bravely meet him in the eye much to the frustration of draken. "so before you go asking me questions like that, ryuguji, think back on what you did first and see whose fault it really is, though, the answer's already obvious, isn't it?" you snickered.

the sound of his jaw clenching sent shivers down your spine but you stood your ground. no way you were letting him scare you like that. not when draken continuously and repeatedly treats you like garbage.

just leave the relationship then if it hurts you this much.

what's making you stay, y/n?

you pressed your lips in a tight line as many thoughts entered your mind - which was nothing unusual - but standing in front of you is draken. the last you wanted him to see is you becoming an overthinking mess.

"i said i didn't mean it." he said through clenched teeth.

"you did, draken. you did. we both know that the occupant of your mind is her after all. no need to lie." you smirked. "i'm used to you being like this, but i wonder if your friends know about this side of you, hn? especially mikey-kun."

"tsk. are you trying to scare me? so what if they don't know, you gonna tell on me? just try it."

"tell on you?" you chuckled lowly. "no, no, of course i won't. what will it change if i did?"

he stared at you for a minute longer, nothing but heavy silence enveloping the both of you until finally, he backed away, and you found yourself breathing again. i didn't even realize my breathing stopped there.

"keep your mouth shut, yeah? all you gotta do is help me. after all, you agreed on my terms, so don't even try backing away. you fuckin' started this."

i wish i didn't.

"wasn't planning to."

-

you didn't know when this started, it just happened, almost too naturally. the night you met mikey, he took an interest in you. if you could call it that. when your suffocating conversation ended with draken, he asked for you to spend more time with him. you asked why but all he said was; "you're ken-chin's friend, of course that makes you my friend too." the boy was cute and so you couldn't resist.

although, truthfully, who could?

this is also how you found yourself in a situation you wouldn't have thought you'd experience with someone; a gang leader no less.

said experience was hanging out (battling) with mikey in your home after he unceremoniously invited himself in, draken trailing behind him like the babysitter he was. "sorry for the intrusion." he murmured, careful so as to not let the former hear.

thankfully, your parents were out, for if they knew delinquents lingered inside their house, they would've flipped.

"mikey-kun! you liar! you said you knew how to cook!" you yelled, chasing after him with an egg in your hand, ready to crack it on his head.

mikey ducked as you threw a spatula in his direction. "i didn't say i knew how though. you just assumed, y/n-chan!" his laughter annoyed the hell out of you which lead you to recklessly throwing the egg in his direction in hopes of hitting him in the face. he hid behind draken just in time, and you can only watch with bated breath as the egg hit him right on his face instead.

"bullseye!" mikey cackled, moving away from his friend just incase he decided to attack him.

"piece of shit." draken mumbled, rubbing his face clean. then out of nowhere, he managed to grab a piece of meat. you immediately backed away as his mischevious eyes landed on you. "you better fucking run."

"wait! that's foul! it was mikey! he hid behind you- ack!" you yelped as the meat covered your eyes. "you both are unfair." you pouted, peeling it off your eyes to glare at them both. draken was smirking and mikey was whistling, all while avoiding eye contact.

evil. you thought.

"i warned you to run though." draken reasons. "now whose fault is that?"

"still!" you grumbled. you then sneakily grabbed a carton of milk lying innocently on the counter, making sure to keep eye contact with draken so that his focus remains on you. "i'm so gonna get you for this." you threatened.

"pft- with what-" in a split second, you ran towards his and mikey's spot, much to their confusion, until they felt something wet cascading down their head to the front of their clothes, that is. "y/n, you did not just-"

you gave them a big smile, waving the carton in front of them teasingly. "but i just did."

"motherfucker-"

"y/n-chan's such a witch!"

you ran for your fucking life. but you also laughed despite the exhaustion your legs gave you.

it was the first genuine laugh you've ever managed to let out in what seemed like months - ever since your relationship with draken.

as you ran, trying to find a safe place, you ignored the nagging voice inside your head telling you that this is similar to you running from everything draken did and does to you.

at least i can be happy, albeit temporarily.