The Drunken Mistake

Months passed after the aussie bartender incident. Katrina and Janet are closer then ever, yet at the same time Katrina pulls away, scared of her feelings. This begins to strain their friendship. Katrina fights down and suppresses her feelings for Janet. Janet doesn't know what she feels for Katrina because she identifies as straight.

-----------------Narrative POV-------------

"Thanks for watching the kids Chad," Janet says.
"Da thanks," says Katrina.
"It's all good dudes. I love watching Riley and the twins. Have fun at the bar!"
Janet and Katrina head back to Janet's car and get buckled in. Janet begins heading towards the bar they visit frequently while Katrina has her head on the window, thinking. She had a noticable sad look on her face, so Janet looks at her and places her hand on Katrina's hand.
"Hey you good?" Janet asks, concern in her eyes  She has never seen the Russian like this. This is more of a recent thing. Janet figures it's because she can't hold down all of her emotions forever.
"Da. I'm fine," Katrina says as she attempts to smile. The smile looks painful. Katrina notices that Janet still has her hand in her's, so Katrina pulls away.
"Just thinking about the bar. That's all," Katrina says, shrugging.
Janet didn't believe her. The Russian was hiding something. The kids knew. Heck, even her MA knew. Janet wanted to know what was going on, she wanted to be there for her friend.

They pull into the bar parking lot in a spot close to the building. Janet looks excited, Katrina tries to match the energy, but she just couldn't. Janet knew something must REALLY be wrong if Katrina wasn't looking forward to drinking.
The two mothers walk inside. The air smelt of strong, sweet alcohol. People where laughing, drinking, flirting, and making out. They both head to their regular seats when the aussie bartender comes over.
Janet blushes. She found the bartender attractive. Katrina knew that as well, she scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Ello again ladies," the aussie says. "What would y'all like to drink?"
Janet goes a deeper shade of red.
"Two vodka crans please," she says, stuttering.
Katrina glares at the bartender, before saying, "No cran please." She purposely thickens her accent, making her sound attractive and dangerous.
The aussie ignored it. He went back to get their drinks. He came back and started some small talk with them.
"So ladies, where ya from?" asks the bartender.
"I'm from Boston," Janet says, blushing even deeper.
"Ay that's nice. I've been to Boston. Lots of attractive ladies there," said the bartender, winking. Janet's face goes maroon, and Katrina rolls her eyes.
The bartender saw Katrina roll her eyes. "Say where are you from?"
Katrina looks him dead in the eyes, thickens her accent, and says, "Mother Russia."
The aussie seems a little taken aback before recovering. "Well I got other people to tend to. You ladies let me know if you need anything. And here Janet," says the aussie as he gives her his number. Janet smiles and takes it, much to Katrina's rage. She stops drinking.

------------A few hours later--------

Katrina hasn't drank since the aussie gave Janet his number. Meanwhile, Janet was a drunken mess, swirling around, flirting with people, and being clumsy. Katrina has been taking care of her for a few hours now, even though her heart is in pain. She slips off into a daydream for a bit.
"Hehehehe!" Janet giggles. This snaps Katrina back into reality just in time for her to see a man trying to drag her out. Katrina is outraged and gets Janet back.
"Janet you're a mess. You're going to have to come home with me," Katrina says, mildly annoyed.
Janet gives her a drunken wink before staring into her eyes, melting into a daydream. Katrina shifts around on her feet and breaks eye contact.
"Come on Janet, I'll take you home and take care of yo-"
Katrina never got to finish her sentence as Janet's lips smash into her's. At first Katrina is shocked, but she eventually melts into the kiss. It only lasted a few moments before Katrina pulls away, her heart aching even more as she knows Janet only kissed her because she was drunk.
"Oh come on Katrina!! Let's stay a little while longer," Janet says before she blacks out. Katrina catches her, and carries her out to her car in a bridal position. Katrina lays her down in the front seat while she dials Chad's number.

"Hello?" Chad says.
"Hello Chad. I need you to watch the kids for tonight and tomorrow morning. Janet is drunker than hell and needs tomorrow to sober up. She's going to have a hell of a hangover. I can pick the kids up at around 2," I say.
"Alright Katrina. Just take care of Janet. I got the little dudes down for bed. Goodnight."
Chad hangs up, and Katrina is thankful he agreed to watch the kids a little while longer. It gives her more time to care for Janet.

Katrina reaches her house as it was closest to the bar. She gets out and carries Janet inside. She lays her in her bed as Katrina goes and gets some water. When she gets back Janet is awake, not knowing who she is with and what's going on, still drunk.
"Here you go Janet, drink this," says Katrina as she hands Janet some water.
"What is this?" Janet asks.
"Wine," Katrina lied. Janet drinks it all before going back to bed. Katrina sighs. She goes and gets herself some nighttime clothes and Janet some as well. When Katrina finishes changing she changes Janet, careful not to wake her. After she finishes she lays next to Janet and holds her to make sure she doesn't wake up and do something stupid. Katrina wasn't sure if the Boston mom could hear her, but she didn't care. She whispers in Janet's ear.
"I love you," she says, kissing the top of Janet's head before she falls asleep.

--------------The morning: Narrative POV-----------

Katrina wakes up with Janet still asleep. Janet has her head snuggled into her chest. Katrina hearts sinks. She would love to stay that way, pretend she wasn't asleep, but she knew she couldn't. It would only hurt her.
Katrina looks at the time. It was 8:47 am. Katrina decides to get up, careful to not wake Janet. Katrina exits the room and decides to make breakfast.

-------------Janet POV-----------

I wake up in a dark room. It took me a few minutes to realize I was in Katrina's room. At first I'm confused then I remember what happened. I kissed Katrina.
"Oh no.." I say, panic welling up inside me. I see that I have clothes on. Katrina must've helped me into more comfortable clothes. I also think I remember Katrina saying that she loved me, but I wasn't sure, and didn't plan on asking. I look at the time. It's 9 am. I leave the room to get something to eat.
I enter the living room and I hear crying from the kitchen. I go in to check it out and see Katrina holding herself, sobbing quietly. I go over and kneel next to her. She looks up with a shocked expression, then pulled herself together.
"I'm fine," she says bluntly, clearly NOT fine. I decide not to press her, but I was seriously concerned at this point.
"Oh crap! The kids! I can go get them!" I exclaim, wondering how we could have forgotten.
"Niet don't worry. Chad agreed to watch them till 2."
"Oh okay."
An awkward silence hung in the air. I look down and begin to shake. I ruined our friendship. Things are just awkward now.
I look up to see Katrina staring at me.
"Janet, why are you shaking?" she asks, her Russian accent husky as heck, though she knew that was from the crying.
"I'm sorry. I've ruined everything. "
Katrina studies me. "Janet, how much do you remember?"
"I kissed you."
"Anything else?"
"Uh... I think I remember you saying you loved me.."

A/N: Helllooooo beautiful people! This is my favorite chapter of all. These chapters are going to get longer I promise. I just have to stay secretive. I hope y'all understand. New chapter should be out around 12 am EST!

Also I'm thinking about a name reveal. Maybe a social media reveal as well. What do y'all think?