79

Izzy's POV

"Honestly that lady was just so rude." Alex says as we walk out of another dress salon.

"Well you're also very hangry so you two really you know. Bumped heads." I say nervously as I bump my fists together.

"She was in the wrong and you know it AND you can't blame me for it." Alex says.

"I guess you're right."

Alex and I walk to a nearby restaurant to grab lunch, seeing as Alex is very hangry.

"I need to tell you something that needs to stay between us." I whisper.

"Of course."

"I took a pregnancy test."

"I'm sorry did I hear right?" Alex asks and I roll my eyes. "Are you?"

"Well I was feeling you know nauseous, very tired, the smell of egg is what really got me."

"That doesn't answer my question Izzy. Are you pregnant?" Alex whispers as we take a seat at a table.

"To clear things up I went to the doctor. To Maria specifically to get me checked out and take a test." I say as I grab the menu.

"You're seriously killing me with the suspense Isabella." Alex says as she grabs my hand.

"I'm not pregnant." I say as I look straight at her.

"Oh. I-I I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I don't think I was ready for another little one right now either way. Just the thought of maybe being pregnant made me really happy but you know it's okay. I don't think it's the right time with the Olympics coming up you know how Christen would get."

"She'd freak out that's for sure." Alex says and I laugh.

"Yeah. Like last time."

"Hey, she's learned. Christen is a wonderful mother and she adores you, she looks at you like if you yourself created the world by hand. She just wasn't in the right mindset when you told her, she's always wanted to be a mom and now she is. With you. The one person she has loved for so long."

"She really is a good mom, my heart melts every time I see her with the boys on top of her chest as they nap together. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the universe."

I smile wide and I look down as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Oh yeah you two were always meant to be together." Alex says as she munches on the appetizers we ordered.

I feel my phone buzz and pull it out from my jacket. I see a text message from Christen.

Chrissy babe 🧡: How do you this? I mean deal with twins who are very energetic and only want food, sleep and poop? Oh god their poop is horrible. They also peed on my face.

I laugh at her message as I look up at Alex to show her the message Chris sent me.

"Typical." Alex says with a laugh.

"I bet two straight nights of babysitting that Tobin will be the exact same." I say with a wink.

"Deal." Alex says as we shake hands.

I feel my phone buzz and Alex snorts.

"Check your messages." Alex says.

Chrissy babe 🧡: We're trying for a girl next. Great we'll see you when you two get back home from shopping. I love you baby.

"I don't- I don't think she understands how having a baby works." I say scratching my head.

"I don't think either of our fiancées know how babies work so we're in the same boat there." Alex says.

"Mm yeah you're right."

"Your food ladies." The server says as they place our plates on the table.

"Thank you."

"Let's eat and then go find you that dream dress of yours."

Christen's POV

"I don't think I can do this anymore, I need sleep. Tobin come grab the twins while I go take a nap." I whisper.

Tobin waves her hands as she continues to play on her switch.

"I'm busy."

"Oh I think the fuck not." I say as I throw a pillow at her. "Please help me I'm exhausted."

"Chris come on, I'm in the middle of playing Mario kart." Tobin shows me her switch and I throw another pillow at her.

"This'll help you for when your baby comes, go change their diaper. See I'm helping you prepare." I say with a grin.

I look down to the sleeping twins, a bit of drool falling down onto my shirt and I scrunch my nose.

"Gross but cute but mostly gross." I whisper as I lean down to kiss their heads.

"Okay give them to me." Tobin says as she stands in front of me.

"Never mind I got it." I say.

"I paused my game only for you to say never mind? NEVER MIND?"

"Quiet you'll wake them up." I whisper.

"You're unbelievable Christen Annemarie Press. Unbelievable."

I hear the front door open so I lift my head up to see who's walking in.

"We're back." Alex says as she walks into the living room with her hands full of bags.

"Where's Bella?"

"Giving the dogs some water." Alex says as she gives me a glare, my eyes widen as I palm my forehead.

"Fuck I forgot."

"I'll go help, see Chris I actually help around when I'm here." Tobin says and I huff.

"Pfft yeah right, I just asked you if you could help me with the twins and you said no because you were too busy with your switch."

"Is that right?" Alex asks and I nod. "Tobin?"

"False. The twins were asleep so I didn't have to help her anymore."

"Whatever. Did you guys find a dress?"

I sit up slowly as I hold onto the twins with one arm and push myself up with the other.

"We did." Bella says as she walks into the house. "Hi babe."

"Hey gorgeous, can I see a picture of the dress?" I ask as I smile at Bella.

Alex stands in front of me to block my view of Bella and I frown.

"No."

"No? I think you mean yes."

"No. I mean no. No means no."

"Fine but move out of the way you're blocking my view from my baby."

"Yeah babe move and come snuggle with me, I wanna feel the little nugget." Tobin says with a grin.

"So you're all set?" I ask Bella as she sits next to me.

"With the dress? Yes. We have other things to plan but the dress is definitely all set. We had a bit of trouble finding a dress. Someone got hangry."

"Once again the lady was rude." Alex says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What exactly happened while you two were out?" I ask.

"Nothing don't mind Alex. Your family comes next week before you leave back to Utah." Bella says and I smile.

"Great. Gives Tobin and I time to fix the twins beds."

"Just read the instructions this time. Please. You two are horrible at fixing things." Bella says.

I look at Tobin and she shrugs.

"It was once." I say.

"Once is one too many times." Bella and Alex say in unison making Tobin and I scoff.

"Rude."