AWAKEN

Your eyelids fluttered open as the warmth of the sun's rays directly hit you

Your eyelids fluttered open as the warmth of the sun's rays directly hit you. You lifted your hand that was perfectly fitted with a lace glove to rub your eyes lingering with remnants of tears. The sanguine blood staining parts of your going unnoticed as you continued to observe your surroundings.

You didn't know where you were. Everything seemed unfamiliar. Nothing, not even the sensations of the soft winds brisking lightly on your skin, felt natural to you. You questioned how you got here, or where you could've been possibly headed to find yourself in the center of a desolate hill. The soreness in your body did everything but alleviate this confusion.

Your gaze went down to your figure. The wine-colored gown littered with semi-dried blotches of blood caught your attention. You were certain the blood hadn't come from you. The more you pondered, the more you inhaled the aroma. Unknowingly, your jaw clenched, and your breathing became heavier. How long had it been since you'd drunk blood?

Although many vampires did not drink blood, you actively indulged yourself in it. Your main source was nowhere near you, nor could you picture in your mind who it exactly was. Everything was a blur...

The smell of itself was going to drive you crazy. You felt as if you were restricting yourself, to the point your throat felt clogged. You needed to satisfy that lingering thirst... and all you could do was just suck the splotches on your lace glove. The feeling of temporary relief and euphoria ignited in you. After you continued desperately, you tried to lift yourself up to at least find a city near you--- but the weight of your gown dominated your weakened state, leaving you there longer than you wished. Something was clearly missing.

 Something was clearly missing

It's cold... The warmth emitting from their body was gone. You knew at any point this would eventually happen, but it still startled you. Your desperate attempts at trying to shake them awake proved nothing but futile. You needed their warmth and care to survive. That's what you've always been fed throughout the many years of your life. They were the 'brightness' inside your darkened heart. Without them, you were lost---you were nothing. You felt inhumane and at fault. Your screams filled the silent cold night, but no one, not even the animals, spared a glance.

They always told you that you needed them in this cruel world. You were so unfamiliar with the 'strange'-dangerous behavior regarding the human races. Only they were an exception, and you accepted that. You were one of the "special" ones, they would constantly tell you as they stroked your head laying on their lap. The repetition of those words would always delight you. You could never recall your life before they rescued you during the war against vampires and humans. 

You remained glued to their chest for countless days, desperately trying to search for any indication of life.

Their blouse became drenched with a combination of blood and your tears. It wasn't safe to be out here— not when the people who had done this were searching for the person you were.

Your body felt fatigued. The everlasting vigor their blood gave you hadn't seen pleasing.

Their aura and scent had always tantalized you. You'd always seek their permission before indulging in that sweet, sickly taste of their blood. You looked down at them with tears collecting in your eyes. The feeling of wrongness is what led you away--preventing yourself from doing something you couldn't control.

Whether you truly called it love or just the need for anyone to feel anything about you, you no longer had a direct path in life. They were your savior and the only person you'd actively interact with in your life. You would be lost without them. Abhorring all the events that happened about a week brought you immense pain and guilt.

The crescendoing footsteps alerted you. Your hesitancy couldn't be tolerated at this point. With the countless promises you made to keep yourself safe for their sake, you had to leave. If you got yourself caught, the memories you withheld of them would vanish. The history held between the two of you never being known or considered to be true.

It was jarring how everything quickly took a turn. Before 6 hours leading up to their death, the two of you were lying down on a pleated blanket eating as they made pauses to read out loud to you and gaze at you. The sun's rays were delicately highlighting both of your faces.

Everything you've had to process the past few days drifted to the back of your head. You trotted through the open fields and hills now for what seemed hours. Your heavily exhausted body and the lack of any consumption you've had caught up to you: leaving you heedlessly lying down on a desolate hill.

 Your heavily exhausted body and the lack of any consumption you've had caught up to you: leaving you heedlessly lying down on a desolate hill

author note:
I was bored and started this at like 4 am. There will most definitely be plot holes.