ACCEPTANCE

He allowed you to have a few quiet minutes to think before he decided to ask again

He allowed you to have a few quiet minutes to think before he decided to ask again. He'd never want to drag someone forcefully to the risk of his daily life.

Restoring vampire true names...

His normal cocky attitude, which anyone who had known him or talked to him after a while in any occasion would know of, wasn't present at the current moment. However, for him to be this patient was odd itself.

He sighed from the lack of response and sat beside you.  He felt you stiffen and chuckled.

He didn't want to leave you here all by yourself in this state, but your unwillingness to say anything made it hard for him to decide what to do.

The growing tint of your red eyes increased once he set his gloved hand down on the splintered floor. A piece of wood seemed to penetrate through the thinness of his glove, hitting his skin.

The change in your eyes was evident to him along with your ever-growing thirst which subconsciously got stronger. Without pulling himself away from you— he instead removed his glove, revealing the cracked marks on his hand along with the small injury he recently revealed.

The view of his hand shocked you, but it was all too much to take in. Whether it was to tease you or not, the smell of his blood hypnotizing. Your self-restraint grew weary: converting into the desire of pouncing on him for just a taste. Your inner repulsion at the thought of drinking someone else's blood other than their's struck you hard. However, it momentarily subsided at the current moment once you heard the words, "go on."

Your shaky hand grabbed his, bringing it towards your mouth, and there you pierced his skin with your fangs.

Sweet...

Your self-restraint no longer was there as you continued to suck his blood. You had no discipline. All you could think of was the fact it was nearly the same as 'their' blood.

Despite the sentiment in the action leaving an evident void, the scent and taste still brought you warmth.

After a while, your weakened state seemed to have recovered. The power of his blood was something you came to realize. The trance you were in was momentarily broken as you peered up to his eyes— gazing at his flushed face. You pulled yourself away from him, wiping at your mouth, thinking you must've hurt him too much after he gave you an offer. You still reeled at the thought of trusting a complete stranger.

You've always relied on 'them' to navigate your way in life. Whether you called that a true life, it was all you've ever known, and this person who you just met reminded you fairly of them: in the simplest manner that you came to terms with.

You stared at him for a bit and subtly nodded your head. Your mind conjured up every plausible scenario and warning they had engrained in your mind. Would this be your first rebellion towards them— after they died? Was it disrespectful to yearn for the return of a sense of need, despite it not coming from the one your only known?

Your train of thought was interrupted as he chuckled and shook his head at your delayed response as if you did not take more blood from him than he had initially expected. As if he sensed you preparing to fall back into your adamant sense of guilt, he grasped your hand with a type grip and immediately plastered on that Cheshire grin looking down at you: the one you'd come to know over the time you would spend with him.

"I am Vanitas!" He said after a few moments, realizing he never exchanged names with you. For now, he didn't want to push you in terms of relaying information to him. The time would come for that.

He pulled you by your hand now heading out of the shack. Your feet were being dragged from his quick pace, but there seemed to be no mal-intent. Everything felt strange from the sudden 'relinquishment,' but you caught up with his pace and trudged through the grassy grounds. The sun had finally risen. Your eyes seemed to glean with a newfound urgency all whilst inwardly preparing for the new environment.

Little did you know your decision would uncover the truth behind your mysterious background and of them...

this is basically nothing