MEETING

The recollection of those events brought you here

The recollection of those events brought you here. The thing  missing was that warmth. Your memories were still clouded to the point you could simply only identify them as a blur.

After aimlessly walking for hours, you had finally reached a secluded shack. Ensuring nothing — no one— was inside, you plucked open the door, scraping your fingertips in the action, and planted yourself inside. You sat down on the dusty floor: bringing your knees up against your chest in the process.

The shack itself was painted with cobwebs and rotten wood. The abhorrent smell did nothing to soothe the emanating fear your body still felt, despite the fact your memory was hazy.

The sun still hadn't fully risen, nor had the birds begun chirping. You had planned to nap till it was easier to navigate the area until you heard footsteps trotting your way. Your sharp senses identified it as one individual. Raising your guard, you immediately stood to the side of the shabby door waiting for them to enter, so you could attack.

Your construct of a plan was broken down immediately by the sudden entrance of this strange individual. Rather than the expected entrance through the door, they had kicked down the weakened wall as if they expected you to be there.

You froze after immediately looking back...

Through the void of the wall came out a thin-stature individual. He had dark blue, messy hair— that you had never seen on anyone before—with strands cloaking his forehead. His attire didn't seem suitable with the prevalent weather of harsh winds, although nor was yours. Particularly the big blue bow garnered your attention.

He turned his head to face your body, glued to the side of the door. You held your breath, awaiting some type of attack to be inflicted on your body, but what came was just silence. His poker face was replaced with a Cheshire grin.

Sauntering over to you, he placed a hand on your cheek, with a soft but sturdy grip, making you stare directly at his eyes. He knew you were in no state to retort. His brief analysis on you rendered you weak and useless at the moment.

He let out a chuckle, "I never thought I'd see anyone this far out... especially in this bad shape." With no reply given to him after a while, he continued to inspect you curiously; He genuinely wondered what was the reason for you being out here—especially with your attire—far away from the nearest city, which would take at most 2 days to reach by foot.

He would have left you without a second thought if not for his need of a new partner. Truly he needed another partner. He disregarded the fact that he had an occasional partner, the Dhamphir Dante, who often completed the work given to him without any repercussions: ignoring the small errors. To him you seemed to be a "perfect" fit from his brief observation. He could tell you were a vampire. Your abilities and healing pace would be suitable and desirable for the type of business he dealt with. Your slightly red-tinted eyes further proved his point. He verified this fully with his gloved hand widening your mouth, giving him a view of your fangs.

No words could describe the fear that was embedded underneath your blank but wide-eyed face at the moment. You would've yanked his hand away from your face if you had the willpower or even responded, but here you were. This was the type of person you thought they warned you about.

He could tell your mind was whirring, contemplating certain scenarios along with your heart beating rapidly. He dropped his hand from your cheek, and that was all it took for your knees to finally buckle. You sat on the floor, still staring at him. What surprised you the most was when he said, "I'll take you with me if you want, though in return you assist me. I will fulfill our promises."

To be able to comprehend what he just said took repetition in evaluating it. What did he expect you to answer with the fear embedded in you? You could call yourself a coward, but you've never known any interaction other than with them. Was he telling the truth? Would he not hurt you? Would he not use you?

author note:crying this is gonna be so ooc also i don't know how to pace this at all

author note:
crying this is gonna be so ooc also i don't know how to pace this at all.