THE BALEINE

The shimmering stars splattered across the charcoal sky were obscured by the light beaming from La Baleine's walls

The shimmering stars splattered across the charcoal sky were obscured by the light beaming from La Baleine's walls. It was one of the darkest nights from what you've noticed. Your previous tasks were done during sunset, where you would observe the beautiful horizon. Having missed nights like these you appreciatively took everything in. The beautiful flying ship powered by astermite never failed to impress you. The gleam in your eyes was evident when admiring the rustic yet appealing ship. Curiosity would linger behind your gaze-- one that untethered- one that many would assume you never had. From its contrast of your hard, sharp eyes to their current soft nature. An insignificant detail, unnoticed by you.

Soft caresses of the wind blowing from the roof of La Baleine uncovered your cloaked head, allowing Vanitas to view you with hidden adoration. A brief smile crept upon his face, but soon enough he averted his gaze as you turned from the sensation of his gaze prickling your cheek. You looked at him questioningly, awaiting further instructions on the sole reason you were here. Without a response, he walked over to a different spot on top of the glass where he could have a better view of what was going on inside.

The Dhampir who stood beside Vanitas stole some glances at your now uncovered face. He was genuinely curious about you, but you rarely spoke to him despite working together. He wondered why you've even agreed to work with Vanitas-- willingly. The contrasting personalities at first caught him off guard. A childish and blunt personality paired up. Anyone just like himself didn't have the willpower to partner up with Vanitas for too long. His patience always wore thin when conversing with your dark blue-haired partner, even when he knew him longer than you had.