9

I managed to take my time while walking to the locker room. I was trying to make it seem like I hadn't just been friendly with and Iceland player. For some reason, everyone on the team hated them the most. I understood it in a competitive manner but some of the comments were crossing a line that I didn't expect some of the team to cross. 

It didn't matter now. 

I was sitting on the bench, watching the team dominate the Italian team. Italy's players were good, just not good enough. 

Goldberg was currently preventing one of the players from making a goal. It was a quick glove save. He immediately started to provoke the other team, possibly trying to get a penalty. He almost succeeded when one of the players started to shove him, "Goldberg!" Bombay scolded from next to me as the refs pulled the Italian player away.

Goldberg shrugged his shoulders, "What'd I say?" Clearly trying to feign innocence. 

They game picked back up and the hitting on our part continued. Almost everyone in the stadium had stood up to watch as one of the Italian players was checked into the boards, U.S.A had gotten ahold of the puck once again and Fulton shot hard, scoring the seventh goal of the game.

"God, he's good." I exclaim. The kid was a sweetheart but on the ice, god, he was intimidating. Not someone I would want to face up against. I cheered alongside my friends, excited for our friend. 

At the end of the game, it was a complete shutout by 11 points. Incredible game, really. 

The team went out to go shake Italy's hands and then we were all quickly ushered into the locker room. No one had an issue, seeing as they were all sweaty and in dire need of a shower. The smell of sweat was almost completely overwhelming. 

I sat against the wall and waited for the team to finish getting ready. I leaned my head back on the wall and closed my eyes. I was tired from my early awakening this morning. 

"You alright?" Someone asked. I felt their body sit next to mine. 

I opened my eyes and looked over to see Adam, "Yeah. I'm just a little tired."

Adam smiled, "Yeah, no kidding." 

I rolled my eyes and hit his shoulder with mine, "Hey, don't act like I don't have a reason to be tired," Adam raised his hands up in defense, "I'm never up as early as today. Plus, people wear me out." 

"I get it. Sometimes people wear me out too. Especially everyone here. Everyone just has so much energy all the time, makes me tired trying to keep up with them." 

I nodded and leaned my head back again, "You did amazing today. I'm proud of you." 

Adam's face turned to a slightly pink tint, "Thanks." I closed my eyes again, this time because the lights in the room were too bright and it was starting to annoy me, "So, were did you go when you left us today?" 

I smiled, "I was with a friend." 

"You know people in California?" 

I sniffed and rubbed my nose, "Not necessarily. I just made a friend of someone here for the games. That's all." 

"All right team!" Gordon yelled as he entered the room, "I am so proud of all of you guys! You played great. I want you guys to keep up the same energy for every game we play here. There isn't any practice tonight, all the rinks are unavailable because games are running late today. Remember your curfews though, so don't be out all night." 

What if I want to be out all night Gordon? Who's gonna stop me? God? 

"Gordon," I hear Tibble's voice say from somewhere in the room. I open my eyes to see him standing at the doorway, "We have some business to attend to." He looked at the team and smiled while giving two thumbs up, "Hey! You guys played great today! Keep it up!"