22

Another day, another practice.

This one is different though, today, Adam shows up with his arm in a sling. I hadn't seen it in the locker room because I just had gone straight out to the rink.

I had homework to do so I was sitting on the bleachers behind the box.

When Adam came skating out I had noticed the sling so I got up and went to the box, "Adam!"

Adam turned and skated over to me, "What's up Queens?"

"Nice arm."

Adam looks down at his arm, clearly still not used to it being unusable, "Yeah, it's a little new. A good look though, right?"

"So, you finally got caught lying, huh?"

Adam sighs and looks down at the ice, hitting it with his skate, "Yeah. Coach caught me after a practice, told me I needed to see a doctor. He said that if I kept playing on it then I could injure it even more and end up not being able to play at all."

"I could've told you that."

"I know."

"Ever think of listening to me?"

Adam put his good hand up to his chin and tapped it thoughtfully, "You know, I've never thought of that."

"Ha ha. Go practice."

Adam smiled at me, "Yes ma'am." And then he skated off.

Soon, we had learned that Russia had ended up beating Iceland in a match. I knew that Gunnar was probably getting his ass beat right now. And then we also learned that we had a new player, since Adam was off.

The kid Russ. Who had taken the team on in the school-yard puck game. The one who had a wicked cool trick shot.

The next game we had was against Russia, the team was nervous seeing as how they managed to beat Iceland, which seemed impossible. But the team now had Russ, who showed off his knuckle puck and had helped win the game for us. The crowd loved Russ, and Russ loved the attention.

After the game, we were all in the locker room when Gordon had told us he had a surprise for everyone, "I told him no visitors but he wanted to congratulate you anyways."

The team started to freak out as Wayne Gretzky entered the room. See, I might not be a hockey player, but I wasn't clueless as to who this guy was. I was also in awe as the photographers took a photo of all of us with him.

Since the team had won against Russia, they had secured themselves a spot in the finals. Which meant that they would have to go up against Iceland again.

With that in mind, everyone was worried about the return of Captain Blood at their final practice.

Everyone had skated out onto the ice, even me, Gordon had given me a pair of skates to use, and we all crowded around Gordon.

Everyone was in their normal clothes and were throwing questions at Gordon, "Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Luis questioned.

"Guys, this is our last team practice, which means-"

"The return of Captain Blood?" Averman interrupts.

"No. It means..." Gordon pulls out a beach ball from the box, "Let's have some fun." He hits the ball in the air as the team chases after it.

I chased after it too and we all began to hit it around, starting a game of don't let the ball touch the ground.

I skated over to Adam and grabbed his good hand, "Spin, my beautiful princess."