08

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞

It's been about a week after the defeat of Rod Reiss, Y/N has caught a fever due to her titan ability that she had to learn to control even at a young age to use that power if she would be useful in battle when they return to Wall Maria. Levi sat by waiting for any news to be heard if she was going to be fine and he wanted to make sure no bad news was to be brought up. He didn't want to lose her after losing so many lives on the battlefield he still regretted it. The only one he wants to keep safe was Y/N, even if they are free to take out every last titan to win freedom.

"Mr. Ackerman?" A nurse called him as he sat up to let her escort him to where Y/N was taken.

"She's a strong girl and we took care of the wounds and scars she had. The poor thing had to go through a lot, hasn't she?" The nurse asked as Levi nodded.

"Yes," He said pausing. "She is...one special girl."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. She should be treated very well." The nurse said as she opened the door as Levi saw Y/N staring out the window before glancing over at him with a little sparkle in those golden eyes.

Levi felt happy to see how she was doing as the nurse left to leave them alone to catch up on things.

"How're you feeling?" He asked sitting at the end of the bedside in front of her as she twiddles her fingers.

"Much better thank you," She said in a low tone. "I never got your name when we met and after you rescued me."

"It's Levi." He replied.

"Levi? Oh, nice to know you, Levi." She said in an innocent tone.

A small ghostly grin appeared on Levi's face that he couldn't deny how cute she is. He noticed her bandages were off her body and the bruises were going away except for her scars.

"I'm sorry," She spoke up.

"What? Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong." He asked leaning over as he saw tears were forming and falling down her cheek.

"I-It's just that I put you all into this mess, and I ended up hurting the lady wearing the glasses. Not to mention everyone dying because of Rod wanting to use me for his awful scheme. I'm sorry!" She cried as Levi's chest began to pang after hearing those words coming out of her.

She did nothing wrong and it wasn't her fault if she blames the lives for losing anyone.

"Y/N, it's not your fault. Everyone will face the consequences in life, no matter how many times people would regret looking back to see the bad things we've all faced." He told her as she sniffles in response as Levi pulled her in for a hug to comfort her.

"What about the lady in classes?" She asked looking up at him worriedly.

"Hanji? That sh-four eyes are fine and I'm glad your back and feeling better." He patted her head gently as she relaxed from his touch.

"I actually thought about something since we've got ourselves a queen that will be ruling the walls. We're actually going to be celebrating tonight if you would like to go." He said as Y/N tilted her head questioningly.

"What's a celebration?" She asked.

"A celebration is when you congratulate or celebrate something on occasion for someone doing an amazing job." Levi explained to the girl as she nodded understanding what it means to "celebrate".

"When is the celebration?" Y/N asked.

"It's tonight. I can ask the nurse if it's okay for you to come. Do you want to go?" He asked.

"I would love to." She replied.

"Okay. Let me go ask the nurse." He said leaving the room to look for the nurse to ask permission if it was okay to let you be out of the infirmary.

Levi

I went to go ask the nurse if she was free to go, she said that Y/N should be fine after having a fever during the battle run. I thanked her and went to go pick up Y/N out of her room so we can head out. She still wore her raggedy dress like she was a slave found in the underground, but I didn't want her to be in that kind of traumatizing stage. No, it's too much for her and me as far as I could remember it. But still, after defeating Rod, Kenny was only alive for a matter of seconds giving me the syringe of titan serum inside which was the only sample left.

"Levi, where are we going?" Y/N looks at me with her glistening puppy eyes into mine.

"We're going to go shop around for some clothes for you. Those rags are not suited for a lady." I said as she wrapped her arms around my leg making me smile a little. "Come on, let's do this now so that we won't be late for the party."

"Okay." She said in a sweet tone.

We went to different clothing stores for women and they measured her size to give her a beautiful dress. I even got her bows and shoes to match what she wears and after that, we decided to go back where the others would be at the headquarter base. I rode us back there as Y/N looked at the huge place and I set her on the ground while putting my horse in the stable.

"What's this place?" She asked.

"This is our headquarters and it's a dirty damn place that needs to be clean at all times." I snorted.

We walked together inside as I ignore the stares of the cadets who were whispering about Y/N and me. Once we enter the dining room area I went to go get Y/N something to eat as the cadets were watching us.

"Hey, isn't that Y/N?"Armin called out.

"Yeah, it is! Y/N!" Eren called her name as she looked over waving at them shyly.

"Do you want to go sit the brats while your eating?" I asked as she nodded taking the tray I made for her to sit between Eren and Armin.

Hanji glanced at me with a smile, "She is such a sweet girl."

"Shut it four eyes I'm only doing this because I care for the poor girl. Nevertheless, she's feeling unhappy and I already know why." I huffed as Hanji looked at me questioningly.

"Is it with Rod?" She asked.

"Maybe. I haven't seen her once smile after we've rescued her from him. I have this feeling that she is still haunted by his presence." I said looking over Y/N who ate her food while the young scouts talk with her happily.