Chapter 17

It was a week ago when Mai disappeared. The Team was told of what happened and now amidst their busy life they are trying to also check on the whereabouts of the missing ghost, not that there is any progress.

Then Yasu suddenly called them today. Everyone is already seated in a family restaurant except for the organizer.

"Madoka, why did Yasu asked us to be here?" Naru asked with irritation.

Since her disappearance the boy is always on edge of getting out of control. It's a good thing that Gene is there to monitor his sensitive brother.

"I actually don't have any idea. He was restless when he called me and ordered to gather everyone."

As if on queue, the man of the hour arrived.

"Sorry... traffic jam."

"That's why I ask if you need a ride. I would have pick you up too. The others came here with me." Monk said.

"My bad -"

"Enough of the chit-chat. Why are we here?"

"Uhm... yeah." He took a seat. "I was ask to look for some help and I thought about you guys." He took out a photo. " This is Ken Shigekura, 20 years old and studying Economics in XX University. He has always been an excellent student since young. However, he was recently sent to the hospital because of an accident."

"If it is an accident then why are we here?" Masako asked.

"If only it was the only accident he had."

"What do you mean?" John stopped drinking his tea midway.

"He was already sent to the hospital six times for this month because of some minor injuries he also got from accidents and this is the seventh time and the most severe for he had multiple broken bones.

The audience, except Naru and Lin who had started typing away on his laptop, gasped.

"This only happened this month? It's only the second week of the month!" Monk exclaimed.

"Isn't he just unlucky or something?" Yuki said.

"That can be an answer but can anyone be that unlucky to be sent to the hospital seven times in a matter of 2 weeks? Her mother, the client, also said that Ken was never brought to the hospital before now. He was a healthy kid."

"Was there any other information?" Gene inquired.

"It must be an earthbound spirit." Matsuzaki chimed in.

"Can your brain think of any other explanation Matsuzaki-san?" what Masako said irked the Miko but tried her best not to snap and spill the glass of juice she was holding to the young girl.

"There is nothing that particularly happened with Ken as far as he can remember." Yasu continued as he tries his best not to laugh, although Monk already started laughing at his lover. "But he said that whenever he got into an accident he can always feel a certain pull out of nowhere and then..." Yasu made a big boom movement as a highlight.

"I'm ok at checking this case out? How about you guys?" Monk said asking everyone.

"Sure. Why not?" Gene agreed and the rest followed but Naru who remained silent the whole time said something.

"I won't be joining this time. You can just tell me the details once you solve the case." he was about to get up when Yasu interrupted.

"Wait Naru. I know you want to look for..." Naru glared at him. "...we have tried to check some information that may be related to her and her disappearance but we have no luck..." Naru is still glaring at him. "...Except possibly now that is."

"Can you stop beating around the bush?" Naru said, patience running thin.

"Well... we thought that we were looking for a dead person, right? And we kept on doing research about it, right? But we should have also checked on the living."

"What do you mean?" Naru asked, although he can feel that the boy already have an inkling of what he wants to imply based on his attitude change.

"I saw her... She is alive."