Chapter 4

It has been an exhausting day for everyone.

After the ordeal of introducing me, they got down to business.

The house that they are currently in is owned by a famous bachelor who works in the entertainment industry as the sought after leading man of the year. He just recently bought the house because he loves old western houses and fell in love with it the first time it was introduced to him. However, when he tried renovating the house some of the workers mysteriously died as if someone had smashed them with a mallet in the head.

At first, they just thought that it was because of a great fall from working but already four victims showed up after a day and a half of working for the renovations and no proof of any accident happening as their cause of death resulting to workers panicking and resigning from work halting the renovation in process.

Thus, making the appearance of the paranormal investigators in the picture.

Actually, Naru and the others were the third group of researchers that the bachelor asked for help.

The other two groups gave up half-way because of injuries or death of their colleagues.

As the group investigates, Naru made groups. Two groups we're made to check the house. The first group- Masako, John and Ayako. The secoumd group- Monk, Gene and Yasu. The remaining Naru, Lin and Madoka were at the base doing further research and monitoring the cameras that they set up upon arriving.

So far, no implication of paranormal activity. Not until before dinner.

At the time the girls were preparing dinner in the kitchen, accompanied by Monk and I when it happened.

Loud banging and crashing sound was heard all throughout the house.

The people at the base all quieted down and looked at the source thru the monitor they have. To their dismay no anomaly was found but there is a detectable drop of temperature on some rooms in the house.

One is the storage room, second is the bathroom located on the first floor of the house and third in the kitchen.

"Guys, did anyone noticed the sudden change in here? " Ayako calmly asked.

Monk who was already on guard as soon as the noise happened nodded.

"I can sense some evil presence among us here guys. I can't see clearly so we need to be careful." Masako added.

I've been trying to check the entire room.  I can't see the spirit residing in the house but I can also feel it's dangerous intent.

"Monk-san, be VERY careful. "

Then it happened.

Out of nowhere the blond monk was thrown on the nearby wall making all of us scream. The lights flickered and one by one the others were also attacked the same way as the monk before the said guy can utter his spell to repel the spirit.

"Ayako! " he immediately went to his lovers side and tried chanting again his spell which was cut off by an ear piercing screech that made all of us cover our ears.

It was also during that time that 'it' appeared....

In front of me...

A grotesque looking guy with bloodshot eyes looked directly at me and smiled wickedly.

It sent shivers into my spine. I know I'm a ghost but....

It then lifted his hand with a mallet and was about to hit me when he screamed from pain and disappeared making the room's temperature turn back to normal.

I looked at Monk-san and gave him a thankful smile. I guess in all those fear that I felt I was unable to hear him chant his spell.

"Thanks. "

He nodded.

"We should go back with the others." He said and helped the other two stand up. During that time the others came barging inside the kitchen and checked for any injuries they've sustained.

I sighed.

They were all safe for now.

"Mai. " I looked up and there, Naru, is in front of me still looking as stoic as ever.

"Naru. " I uttered before feeling myself falling onto nothing.