Chapter 12

Yuki as an addition really is helpful. They've easily interviewed the current workers, may it be models and support staffs, because of her.

The things that they've heard from the lot were mostly assumptions about the victims and praises. No one gave any decisive clues on how to get the case resolve.

It is almost 5 in the afternoon and the twins patience are thinning, well most specifically Naru, who can't get any useful lead.

The next person that they have to interview have a close relation between the victims, she is a high schooler who is working as a personal assistant.

"I'm Katherine Makoto, 17 years  old and I've worked as a personal assistant with the victims. Currently, I'm Erika's assistant. "

Disinterested, Naru asked the first question. "Do you have any idea why your current, let's say "boss" which is Erika, got attacked? "

The young girl keep fidgetting and did not answer. That made Naru snapped.

"Miss, if you're not interested on giving us details you most certainly can leave now. "

The girl continued to fidget on her sit.

Naru was about to retort but Gene took the reign and asked the next question.

"Katherine, is there something that you might want to tell us? "

She look up and saw Gene smiling at her, this made her relax a bit.

Taking a deep breath she started.  "Well, as I've mentioned I've worked with the three victims as an assistant and you may be aware of how the people here assumed them to be, but the truth is hidden behind those fake smiles of theirs. "

Quirking an eyebrow, Naru listened interestingly and leaned closer on his arm which is on the table.

"They are indeed the current top three models of the agency and projects are all lined up for them. I've seen them work hard and have little to no rest at all. I've seen how they treat each other as rivals but so far they never let other people know their distaste with one another. "

"Erika told us that she was Riko's bestfriend. " Naru stated.

"That's true, but that was back when they were still starting their modeling career, they were childhood friends. It all changed after they began to get popular. Then this new project came up and one of them was chosen, the first candidate is Michiru but she died, so the role was then given to Riko who was the next candidate but she also suffered the same fate as Michiru. Now, I'm guessing the role will be given to Erika as she is the best next candidate for the project. "

"So they have motive to kill each other. " Naru muttered which shock the girl.

"No, no. I don't think they can kill each other just because of this project. "

"Have you seen them do something strange, like dark staffs and the like? " Gene asked.

"You mean to say dark magic or spells? " he nodded. "Yes, I've seen Michiru before reading some of it, she love those creepy reading materials, it's one of her to do list during her rest period."

"Michiru? " Naru verified, and she nodded.

The twins each gave a questioning look.

Some random questions was asked before they let her go.

"This is getting crazy. " Gene commented.

"I agree. " Naru said while in his thinking pose.

"Do you think Michiru cast a spell but it backfired killing her in the process? " I asked.

"That is possible, but how do you explain Riko's death as well as the incident with Erika? " Naru questioned back.

"I.. I don't know. But we can't let that released creature harm someone again, Naru. "

"Don't worry Mai, I know we'll get to the bottom of this. " Gene smiled reassuringly.

I hope so Gene. I'm getting a bad feeling about all of this.