Chapter 19

The woman is running out of breath as she continues to run towards the hospital. Once there what she saw was total chaos. 

Medical attendees are all over the place assisting the patients and cries of their significant others where part of the background noise. She is one of those significant others and still looking as to where her adopted daughter could be. Finally, when she opened another curtain she saw her child, all bandaged up and machines where attached to her to monitor her vitals. She can't help but let her unshed tear fall as the attending doctor was talking to her about her daughters condition. Everyday all she could hope for is that she wakes up and survive this tragedy. The poor girl had had enough of tragedy in her life hence she wanted her just to live happily but this happened.

"Mom? Are you ok?"

Kazumi did not noticed that she zoned out as she remembered the past. 

She smiled. "I'm ok. I was just thinking if I forgot something." Mai smiled at her and continued eating her lunch.

Mai finally woke up and she never felt happier. A week ago as she was closing up the store she works at the hospital called her about her daughter finally waking up. When she got there the doctor explained that her daughter had an episode of seizure before calming down and eventually opening her eyes briefly and went back to sleep. A few days later most machines attached to her was removed and now she is having rehabilitation.

Mai looked at her questioningly. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just happy that you are finally awake. Thank you Mai."

"I am as glad as you to be alive Mom. Thank you for not giving up on me." she was already on the verge of crying again. "But you know, I may be bothering you again for a lot of things you know." Mai joked.

"Oh you. Very good at ruining a solemn mood but you don't have to worry you can bother me as much as you want."

"Yey!"

"As long as I can allow those things for you."

"Stingy!" the room was then filled with laughter.

~~~

"Naru where were you?" Gene asked his twin when he arrived at the hospital cafeteria where the Team planned to meet before they visit the client. Naru just ignored his brother and took his sit.

"Maybe he already went to go and see... you know who." Yasu whispered to Gene who mouthed an "O" as an acknowledgement.

Since they have a big number of people not all will be coming. The twins plus Lin, Monk and Yasu where the only members today. Monk is yet to arrive.

"Hi guys, sorry for the wait. Should we get going?" Monk greeted when he arrived.

"Hi Mrs. Shigekura, may we come in?" Yasu greeted the middle aged woman.

"Yasuhara! Come in!... And who might this people be?"

"These are Naru, Gene, Lin and Takigawa... they will be part of the Team that will be assisting us to investigate your sons case."

"Oh thank you for accepting this request. This is my son Ken."

"Hi! I've heard about you guys from Yasu. As my mother said thank you for accepting our request. We would really like to have this resolve."

"For us to help, we would need your full cooperation Ken. You have to tell us  everything  that you know." Monk encouraged.

Ken gulped. "I told Yasu that I can't remember anything that may have caused this but I think it must have been because I was cursed."