Chapter 2

"I'm home! "

Noll greeted upon entering the house.

"Welcome back! We're in the kitchen. " replied Gene.

When he entered the kitchen and his brother looked his way he stopped his fork midway in his mouth with a shocked face.

"What? "

He pointed his finger behind him.

With a sigh, he explained the reason why he's with a ghost, and all the while the said ghost is silent not knowing what to do.

"...and that's what happen. " he concluded.

Gene looked at her with interest and she briefly hid behind Naru.

"Naru, who is he? "

"This Mai, is my brother Eugene. "

The said man immediately gave her a toothy smile. "Hi Mai, you can just call me Gene. "

"H-hi. "

"Oh, no need to be shy with me. By the way, this guy beside me is Lin, he's our guardian here in Japan. "

She looked at the silent man beside Gene.

"Can he also see and hear me? "

"No. " Naru's immediate response. "Though if you are strong enough and made yourself visible, he can definitely see you Mai. Though, I believe he can feel your presence. "

Lin looked at her direction proving what Naru had hypothesize.

"So Mai, I already know that you only remember your name, but can you remember where you first woke up as a ghost? " Gene inquired.

She thought about it but she can barely remember where. All she knows is that it is a place full of people.

"I.. I'm not certain. It's all a blur. There... The place seems to have a lot of people around me but I don't know the exact place. From then I've been a wandering ghost. "

Naru went into his thinking position. By what the girl had given there is not enough clue about the place.

Gene on the other hand looked at his brother with interest.

Noll is a type of person that never give a damn about something, or in this case, about someone.

This is becoming interesting.

The next morning, the brunette ghost was left in the house with Lin.

Mai wanted to go with Naru but the guy forbid her from doing so.

The jerk!

Sighing. She just continued sitting on the couch of the living room looking at the ceiling as if there is something interesting on it.

"I wonder if they can really help me pass on. "

"If the twins set their mind on it, they can definitely help you. "

Startled. She looked at the only person she's with.

"Lin-san? "

"Yes, Mai. "

She gasped.

"You can see me now? "

He nodded.

"H-how?

The man place a cup of tea in front of her and sat opposite from her crossing his long legs and started sipping tea.

"If I'm not mistaken it is possible because of your emotional turmoil right now. "

"O-oh. " giving a grateful smile she took a sip from her own cup and made her relax.

"Thank you for the tea. "

"Not a problem. "

"Are you the twins father? "

"No. In a sense I'm their bodyguard. "

"Huh? "

"As much as I wanted to tell you some things, it is not my story to tell. But rest assured that they can help you Mai. "

The door suddenly burst open and in came a huffing Gene not shortly followed by Naru.

"Lin, get ready. We need to go somewhere for a case. "

"What case? "

"Takigawa-san gave as something that may lead as to the thing we are looking for. The others are already preparing to meet as there." Naru explained briefly looking as serious as ever.

As if on cue, the guy immediately stood up and went somewhere to prepare.

"Naru? "

"Mai, you can tag along if you like or you can just stay here and wait for us to return. "

"I'll go with you. " I answered looking him straight in the eye.

"If you say so. "

I didn't know that what awaits us there is quite dangerous than what I had imagined.