chapter 3- food & realizations

Hogwarts. What a beautiful school.

I wait for Ced and Alana before heading off to the carriages. I've always wondered what pulled them. I mean I've heard stories that it's a boney animal, but I've also heard that a troll pulls them, which...is totally false.

Getting off the carriage, Ced, Alana, and I make our way into the great hall and over to the Hufflepuff table.

I pass by Sullivan who is staring at me with a face I have yet to decipher. Oh well, I wonder what happened now?

Taking my seat next to Alana and across from Ced, I can't help but feel as though someone is staring at me. I turn to Sullivan but he is nose deep snogging some Ravenclaw girl so it can't be him.

I start to look all over the room when suddenly my eyes connect with the same ginger boy I knocked into on the train. I give him a smile and a wave only to see him turn away and talk to the dark-skinned boy known as Lee, the Quidditch commentator, who sat next to him.

How rude. He could have waved back. Oh well, maybe he didn't see me.

I start to wonder who he is. The only family I know with red hair at Hogwarts are the Weasleys, but for all I know this could be some random person who just so happens to have red hair.

"Hey Alan..."

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, cutting off Kelly's sentence, the candlelight shimmering on his beard.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you will all be aware after the search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

Why did father forget to mention the dementors? I mean he's an Auror for Godricks sake. Surely he would have known.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises -- or even Invisibility Cloaks,"

"It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors," he said.

"On a happier note," he continued,

Oh Merlin he talks a lot. I just want the food already!

"I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year.

"First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

I swear we get a new teacher in that post every year! It must be cursed. Either that or Dumbledore doesn't know how to hire people.

I mean at least he looks nice.

"K, he's kinda hot, no?" Alana whispers to me as I try to contain the laugh that threatens to spill out of my mouth.

"Sure, if you're into older men. I didn't peg you as one of those girls though."

"I'll have you know that I am into older guys, you know that." Alana somewhat screams as a few heads turn in our direction. Oh right. Cedric. Well, I wouldn't call him an older man since it's only one year but whatever.

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued as the lukewarm applause for Professor Lupin died away. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filed by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

"YEAH HAGRID! WAHOO" Alana, Ced, and I scream as we applaud him.

Hagrid has always been kind as well as helped Alana and me get to class many times throughout our five years here, so we both consider him a friend.

"Thank you for the encouragement Ms.Moore and Ms.Fawley," Dumbledore says with a smile.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance," said Dumbledore. "Let the feast begin!"

FINALLY!

The golden plates and goblets that sat before us filled instantly with food and drinks.

Yum shepherds pie and cobs.

Fred's POV:

There she was. Talking with pretty boy Diggory and some other Hufflepuff who I have no idea is.

So she is in my year. Good to know.

I see her catch my eye and suddenly she waves. She waved. To me. Wow her smile could make anyone's day bright again.

I got nervous and contemplated waving back but decided against it because she was probably waving at someone else.

So, I turned to Lee. My best friend.

I talk to him and George throughout the whole speech and when I hear two girls cheering, I turn my attention to the Hufflepuff table.

It was her, again.

After Dumbledore called them out, she turned away shyly.

So she's shy, huh? Maybe that's why I never noticed her.

Anyway, her last name is either Moore or Fawley. I'm guessing Fawley because she kind of looks like one of the older Hufflepuffs Sullivan, and his last anime is also Fawley.

Fawley, Fawley... where have I heard that name?

"Hey Georgie, why do I know the name Fawley?" I ask.

"Fred, are you daft? The Fawley's are a part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. Which you should know since we are too." he says. "And besides, don't you remember Dad telling us about their fallout years ago? And how they rose back to the top?"

"Sorry Georgie must've forgotten," I said while remembering that dad told us all about the issues that led them to be the talk of the Prophet. Not to mention her Grandfather was a previous Minister for Magic. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my Lovies! Another chapter down! I hope everyone is doing well and had a great week. If not, don't worry there are plenty more weeks in the year :) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was pretty boring...again. I'm sorry but I swear, after we get through Prisoner of Azkaban, things will start to pick up speed. And the smut will begin (; 

Have a great morning/afternoon/night!